Player you missed on in latest draft

truth on hold

I thought Barr was Aaron Maybin 2.0. On the other hand, I loved Aaron Donald and thought he might be the Bills' pick at 9. Not living in Buffalo and seeing him play in college, I was skeptical about Mack. Obviously, he's for real.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Barr was Aaron Maybin 2.0. On the other hand, I loved Aaron Donald and thought he might be the Bills' pick at 9. Not living in Buffalo and seeing him play in college, I was skeptical about Mack. Obviously, he's for real.

The difference between Maybin and Barr comes down to coaching; specifically Zimmer. He's executing Barr in the right role he needs to be in and not trying to make him something he's not.

I was never a fan of giving up a 2015 1st for Sammy. I was for trading down in the 1st and chosing a WR deeper in the draft. I was for a TE in the 2nd and a OL player with the 2nd round 2 pick from the trade down. My miss would be Beckham. I would not have taken him at 10. I had him late 1st, early 2nd round.He was not even my #2 rated WR. My WR pick would have been with the late round 1st in the trade down, he would have been long gone by then. I'm confident Sammy will not be a bust, but never thought he would be worth the extra 1st.

Edited by simpleman

See I don't buy this as an excuse for draft miscues. If you're draft board is simply derived from pundit consensus, then get rid of the GM and all the scouts.

I think his point is that you'd be hard pressed to find ANYONE that had beckham #1 on the wr draft board, including scouts- but we don't get to see those. To act like he was clearly the better prospect (or more insulting that we ignored him) is completely ludicrous

The difference between Maybin and Barr comes down to coaching; specifically Zimmer. He's executing Barr in the right role he needs to be in and not trying to make him something he's not.

That and maybin had speed OR size but never at the same time. He had speed at 230 lbs and was slow at 250. That's a problem too.

It's still pretty much his only redeeming quality. He's a very unpolished reciever. He benefits from being the only WR worth a damn on that team. Still. if he develops his route running and some of his bad habits, he'll be a great WR.

Gabe Jackson. Yeah I forgot. Raiders aced their 3 first three picks. Can't remember last time we had a draft anywhere near as good

EJ Manuel, Kiko Alonso, Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin and Duke Williams are looking great. Jonathan Meeks and Chris Gragg could turn up.

EJ Manuel, Kiko Alonso, Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin and Duke Williams are looking great. Jonathan Meeks and Chris Gragg could turn up.

When you take into consideration that ej and Carr haven't been wildly different it's surely worth mentioning.

In two years we could have a "guy I missed worst on in that random draft thread" and I'd bet even with a year of nfl film we get a few headscratchers

I'll say our own second rounder was one I thought I'd be productive out of the gate. Still hoping he comes around.

All due respect to Sammy who I love as a player...But I felt Mike Evans would be the best WR from the 2014 Draft...

I really had no idea Beckham would be this good, this early...He's an amazing young talent, and the fact that I can sit here right now and consider comparing him to Watkins and Evans shows how wrong I was about that kid...I'm not saying he's going to be better than Sammy either...I'm just saying I had no idea he would be this good... B-)

All due respect to Sammy who I love as a player...But I felt Mike Evans would be the best WR from the 2014 Draft...

I really had no idea Beckham would be this good, this early...He's an amazing young talent, and the fact that I can sit here right now and consider comparing him to Watkins and Evans shows how wrong I was about that kid...I'm not saying he's going to be better than Sammy either...I'm just saying I had no idea he would be this good... B-)

There were a lot of rumors about us liking him a lot. I think Whaley might have seen him as a brown of Wallace for us, and it wasn't just trickery

You're wrong. They're blown a lot of late leads and also soundly beaten other teams. The narrative that his stats are "garbage time" fluff is nonsense

Agreed 100%...

Beckham's production in only 11 games this year is beyond impressive...Add to that the fact that he's a rookie and it's even more amazing... B-)

There were a lot of rumors about us liking him a lot. I think Whaley might have seen him as a brown of Wallace for us, and it wasn't just trickery

Hindsight is always 20/20...And there's quite a bit to love about Sammy...But I'd take Beckham and our #1 in 2015 in a half-a-heartbeat now... B-)

I think I read this wrong. I thought this was saying who we were right about but didn't get...

If it is who we were wrong about: CJ Mosely - didn't think he'd be that great. ASJ - thought he would be very good and helpful to an emerging TB team that might get to the top of the conference and become the white spot on chicken ****.

^^

This. It is clear he was a better prospect coming out of college and our staff ignored it just knowing Watkins was the guy.

Another stupid post by TSW's dumbest poster. Good to see some things never change.

What a crock of crap this is. Everyone, every single pundit, fan, personality, blogger, reporter, mock draft, everyone had Watkins ahead of Beckham as far as prospects go. To say "it is clear he was a better prospect coming out of college" is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. I guess I really wouldn't expect anything less from you though. The only receiver that anyone even hinted at being thought of as higher than Watkins was Evans.

Consider the source, and that he is likely just discovering the existence of fire.

Consider the source, and that he is likely just discovering the existence of fire.

Actually it was disproven that everyone thought Sammy was better than beckham with the chip Kelly article. You're GM and scouting Department are supposed to do their own analysis anyway. And the real question is not if Sammy was worth drafting higher than beckham in 2014, it's was he worth drafting higher in 2014 + your 2015 1st and 4th higher

Edited by JTSP

>>>>>either you are talking about Kouandjio, or I'm the only one that missed on him<<<<<

As a life long Tide Fan, I wasn't high on Kujo and warned people on this board. He was the 4th best blocker on that Bama OL. And, it was known that he was/is hurt. Too bad because he is a great kid by all accounts.

Btw, I have mixed emotions wrt his brother at LG.

Sorry to stray off topic, but Austin Sheppard is an interesting OL prospect. He plays RT and might be able to play OG a well. I do want to see his numbers with 225 on the bench, but as a RT he might last a while in the draft.

Edited by Bill from NYC

See I don't buy this as an excuse for draft miscues. If you're draft board is simply derived from pundit consensus, then get rid of the GM and all the scouts.

It is not an "excuse for a draft miscue." The guy said that it was clear that Beckham was the best prospect in the draft which is a blatantly false statement.

Actually it was disproven that everyone thought Sammy was better than beckham with the chip Kelly article. You're GM and scouting Department are supposed to do their own analysis anyway. And the real question is not if Sammy was worth drafting higher than beckham in 2014, it's was he worth drafting higher in 2014 + your 2015 1st and 4th higher

So you are pointing to 1 coaches statement 7 months after the draft out of 32 teams and dozens, even hundreds of outsiders opinions? Gotcha.