• The Band
    • Johnny Winter
    • Blood Sweat & Tears
    • Crosby Stills Nash (& Young)
    • Paul Butterfield Blues Band
    • Sha Na Na
    • Jimi Hendrix
    • Joe Cocker

The stories regarding some of the talent that didn't show is pretty interesting. The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Bob Dylan, The Stones. All invited but for reasons didn't show up.

None of the bands that showed appeal to me at all. However the Stones and Zeppelin of the ones that didn't show do. I guess I wouldn't have gone to Woodstock that day and went to wherever one of these bands were playing.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None???

I think maybe Johnny Winter? I've never been a fan of the era for the most part. Do you ever go to the Filmore? I've been there for a few shows and the place is great. Lots of history. We have 8 or so of the Filmore show posters at home framed.

I think maybe Johnny Winter? I've never been a fan of the era for the most part. Do you ever go to the Filmore? I've been there for a few shows and the place is great. Lots of history. We have 8 or so of the Filmore show posters at home framed.

I've been to a few shows there. Now that I live in Oakland I go to The Fox. A beautiful place with some great acts. BTW the late 60's early 70's has some of my favorite music.

:lol:

all those dirty hippies are now senior citizens.

On a marginally related note:

A singer of MY generation turned 50 recently: Eddie Vedder. Oh no.

When it would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday, there was a radio program asking "What would Lennon be like today?"

I thought to myself. "He'd be yelling. 'Turn down that music, you punks. And pull up your pants!'" Old guy stuff.

I'm a year older than Eddie Vedder and I consider him 'my generation'

I consider Eddie Vedder one of the most overrated people in music. I don't even think about what generation he is from.

The stories regarding some of the talent that didn't show is pretty interesting. The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Bob Dylan, The Stones. All invited but for reasons didn't show up.

Some could not get through the traffic. Most ended up coming in by helicopter.

Sha Na Na was there because they won a contest at a bar (at least that is what I heard).

Too many did not make the movie or soundtrack cut - mostly due to record label conflicts.

Honorable mention to Richie Havens. He was one of the few there at the start, so they found him a guitar and asked him to play anything to calm the impatient crowd. He played all the songs he knew and then started making songs up - improv.

That got us the song "Freedom"

John Sebastion forget the words to his own song

Canned Heat was audio only inthe movie and soundtrack.

CSNY, Suite: Judy Blue Eyes was unreal

Jimi and the Star Spangled Banner in the A.M. gives me chills.

No, I was a tiny bit too young to have been there.

Some could not get through the traffic. Most ended up coming in by helicopter.

Sha Na Na was there because they won a contest at a bar (at least that is what I heard).

Too many did not make the movie or soundtrack cut - mostly due to record label conflicts.

Honorable mention to Richie Havens. He was one of the few there at the start, so they found him a guitar and asked him to play anything to calm the impatient crowd. He played all the songs he knew and then started making songs up - improv.

That got us the song "Freedom"

John Sebastion forget the words to his own song

Canned Heat was audio only inthe movie and soundtrack.

CSNY, Suite: Judy Blue Eyes was unreal

Jimi and the Star Spangled Banner in the A.M. gives me chills.

No, I was a tiny bit too young to have been there.

I went to look up the Canned Heat performance and found this awesome woodstock wiki site. They played for an hour on day 2.

http://woodstock.wikia.com/wiki/Canned_Heat

i was not a fan for the longest time, then i heard his into the wild cd and that started to shed some favorable light on him for me, while still not a huge fan, i can listen and appreciate him

I consider Eddie Vedder one of the most overrated people in music. I don't even think about what generation he is from.

i was not a fan for the longest time, then i heard his into the wild cd and that started to shed some favorable light on him for me, while still not a huge fan, i can listen and appreciate him

Never said I *liked* Pearl Jam or Eddie Vedder. Just was noting the age thing ;)

Always considered myself more of a Soundgarden fan.

Not only do I agree with you 100% ... but I also put Jim Morrison on the same list.

Never said I *liked* Pearl Jam or Eddie Vedder. Just was noting the age thing ;)

Soundgarden, IMO, is about 15 billion times better than PJ (no ... not you, Pooj).

yeah, sorry i was more responding to the dean. but it struck me as odd that i consider him at 50, jagger, macca etc at 70 all part of my generation...weird to think of them lumped into one generation and had never looked at it that way