songs that tell a story

Cugalabanza

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boom Town Rats - I don't like Mondays

Cats in the cradle still brings tears to my eyes.

How could I forget this gem, Billy don't be a hero!

I always think that listening to the song "Billy Don't be a Hero" led me to be a fan of some of the great storytellers such as: Gordon Lightfoot, Jim Croce and The Great Harry Chapin.

Also a big fan of the works of Don MacLean and Neil Diamond.

Elton John, Phil Collins, Billy Joel and Meat Loaf had a way to express their experiences through a song also.

The list is long on the great ones but Chapin, Croce and Lightfoot belong in the elite status.

Edited by flomoe

pretty sure i read some where that was his one and only SNL appearance, Lorne Michaels banned him for being to hard on the other actors who liked to partake in a toke or two...and he was so anti drug.

I did not know that.

Frank was on SNL at least twice. Once as the musical guest, and again as the guest host. He was definitely strict about drug use among his bandmembers, but I've never heard of any instances where he held others to the same standard.

I always think that listening to the song "Billy Don't be a Hero" led me to be a fan of some of the great storytellers such as: Gordon Lightfoot, Jim Croce and The Great Harry Chapin.

Also a big fan of the works of Don MacLean and Neil Diamond.

Elton John, Phil Collins, Billy Joel and Meat Loaf had a way to express their experiences through a song also.

The list is long on the great ones but Chapin, Croce and Lightfoot belong in the elite status.

"Paradise by the dashboard light" is an alltime classic!

How could I forget David Bowie's Major Tom!

Edited by Fan in San Diego

Atlantic City by The Band.

Long Black Veil (not written by, but a great song performed by The Band). Actually most songs by The Band qualify for this thread, IMO.

The Royal Scam. A song about Puerto Rican immigration by Steely Dan. From the same album. Kid Charlemagne. Actually most songs by Steely Dan qualify for this thread, IMO.

Then there is:

"Human" AKA: "Hey, if you can have carnal trangressions, so the hell can I... The ultimate rebuttal song"

By: Human League

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s1ysoohV_zA

LoL... Take that!! Wow... What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

What does water fowl have to do with this topic?