Marrone & Hackett ruined Spiller as a Bill.

Tipster19

Yup. They are now working on Glenn, Wood, EJ. Our offensive coaches are awful.

He's going to be a great value fantasy pick when he is on the Saints or Eagles.

True indeed on point 1. And if they stick add Watkins and whom ever we draft next year

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that well thought out response. At least now I know where you're coming from.

As far as the quote above:

11/11/12 Patsies 37 Bills 31

11/25/12 Colts 20 Bills 13

9/25/11 Bills 34 Patsies 31

10/2/11 Bengals 23 Bills 20

10/7/10 Bears 22 Bills 19

11/28/2010 Stealers 19 Bills 16 OT

Bills have been playing good teams close for years and years. Different would be winning more than losing these games.

Bills are 3-4 in games this year decided by a TD or less. That's slighly better than we've been doing throughout this now 15 year run. I saw an article by Chris Brown about this 2 years ago where he said the winning % was .380 or so.

8 wins is more than we've had in 10 years so good for Doug. I won't hate it if Coach Marrone stays as long as changes are made in the coaching staff on the offensive side of the football.

True, we have had competition. But there's a flip side.

I think we've got blown out once (14+ point loss) in Marrone's tenure. I would argue that that's pretty darn abnormal.

Spiller belongs in space. Hopefully next season....he can "blow up" "in space" for another team.

Not sure because of the use of quotes what the subtext is here. Are you implying that we should launch Spiller into space, in a capsule that is destined to explode?

True, we have had competition. But there's a flip side.

I think we've got blown out once (14+ point loss) in Marrone's tenure. I would argue that that's pretty darn abnormal.

A little fact checking shows that actually there have been 4:

10/27/2013 Saints 35 Bills 17

12/08/2013 Bucs 27 Bills 6

12/29/2013 Patsies 34 Bills 20

10/12/2014 Patsies 37 Bills 22

Plus 4 more by >12

8 out of our 17 losses have been by 12+

Edited by reddogblitz

A little fact checking shows that actually there have been 4:

10/27/2013 Saints 35 Bills 17

12/08/2013 Bucs 27 Bills 6

12/29/2013 Patsies 34 Bills 20

10/12/2014 Patsies 37 Bills 22

Plus 4 more by >12

8 out of our 17 losses have been by 12+

Uh oh. How about 20+?

LOL

A 1 point loss counts as much in the standings as 20+ point loss does.

I know that. I guess my overarching point is that there have only been a few games where I felt like it was hopeless to try to win with Marrone. With Chan, they were many games I turned off. I've only turned off one in Marrone's tenure.

I keep hearing about this "game breaking speed" Spiller supposedly has but I have not once witnessed it in his career. He's had some nice runs and has some quickness. But he is not a home run threat. He has never in his career taken a ball the length of the field for a TD like Hill did last night for Cincy. He gets 40 yards and gets caught from behind (maybe he gets winded). Spiller is, by far, the most over rated player in the history of the Buffalo Bills (with the possible exception of Doug Flutie). Spiller has never been a game changer and has never demonstrated being worthy of a top 10 pick. He had 1 tremendous season. There are countless UDFAs who have put up better production than Spiller. Seems like a nice kid. Not real bright and not really the weapon he was purported to me. Good Riddance to him.

Yeah, Flutie was overhyped. All he did was win, and you know how we hate that around here. Wow, get a clue.

i can't remember a play where he's made guys miss. maybe somebody can find one, but my overall impression of him after all these years, is a RB who has very good north / south speed if he can get his hips squared, and has little in his way. his confidence in his ability to beat defenders to the corner in order to do that, sometimes makes him miss a more direct path upfield. but in his defense, when he doesn't 'feel' that opening, he's only trying his best to make a play.

with that trait, he could become a very useful 'one cut' RB in an offense that likes to run outside zone - he'd just have to learn how to commit to his first instinct. unfortunately for CJ, we don't have the O linemen to run that effectively. too bad.. it would really complement our horizontal passing game.

backfiled motion one way..

linemen moving the other way..

receivers on the second level dragging LBs away from cut back lanes..

with Spiller jetting vertical through all that shimmy-shakin..

yep.. could be sweet. B-)

Edited by BackInDaDay

CJ's durability is a major concern (no not the colar bone), he's also got something tweeked or injured. Can't pick up blitz to save his life in a word clueless, poor hand out of the backfield, has become a fumbler. Not a 20 carry a game guy Chan was right all along - It's a shame because he seems like a great dude and likes being here.

I expect him to have a big season on his new team next season.

spiller didnt get any dumber because of morrone, he was already dumb. Dumb players make dumb plays and spiller isnt getting any faster either. He was a "bust" his first season and a half, then looked "great" for a season and a half, and has now looked worse than ever for 2 straight seasons. Hes also fragile. Good luck to him but glad hes leaving. i wont miss his lack of awareness, ball skills, fumbles, bad blocks, injuries and runs for -3. will you?

I saw Cinci split their rb out wide and run a cross route with him for a td. Complete mismatch for a LB. We never do that.

We never do what? Line up or RB as a WR or score a touchdown?

Great post. The crazy group of people defend Hackett say things like if he had Tom Brady, he'd be a great coach.

Good coaches elevate the talent they have. Hackett/ Marrone have gotten less out of their offensive talent.

So true....fact.