Marrone & Hackett ruined Spiller as a Bill.

Tipster19

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a horrific list. I don't think a single one of those are accurate.

Of course you don't Mrs. Marrone.

Spiller just isn't anything special.

Answer honestly: Does Spiller have more unique talents as a running back than Marrone has as an NFL head coach or is it a tie?

Lol,that's too funny! I'm sure that the re-editing troll will have something to say about this, probably some skewed stat.

Like how Brad Lamb can jump higher off the surface off the moon than Mike Williams can jump when chained to the black hole at the center of the galaxy?

Edited by 4merper4mer

I dont have anything bad towards Spiller and I hope he does well

but my concern is for the bills....and frankly when you can be like the Chargers and find a gem from the UDFA pool to start for you at RB....then what we really need to be doing is improving the horses in FRONT of the rb's big time......

We need to be able to get a friggen yard on 4th down

We need to be able to properly block for a screen play

We need to be able to give holes on the interior for RB's to get through at full speed and not break tackles in our own backfield

We need to provide QBs enough time to go through their progressions

It isnt about the RBs

During the playoff drought the BIlls have had a long history of mismanaging the Running Back position. We had Travis Henry (2001-2004) but Donahoe jumped at the bait and took Willis McGahee (2003-2006 did not play rookie season) with the Bills 1st. Henry went on to have several productive seasons elsewhere prior to getting into too much trouble with the law. And McGahee moved on to a few more seasons mostly with the Ravens. Then we drafted Lynch (2007-2010) who wore out his welcome here and got traded for table scraps while Nix jumped to the podium in 10 seconds or so to draft Spiller (2010-2014), a guy advertised as having speed and elusiveness that rarely got to showcase that ability. Quietly through this Fred Jackson (2007-2014) has been a steady force.

My feelings about sigining or not signing Spiller are mixed. If we're going to have the same offense with the same coordinator with the same set of plays next season he might as well go someplace else because they probably won't make effective use of him. If we're going to get some new blood on the sidelines managing the offense that can design plays to maximize the production of the players based on their strengths then I say re-sign CJ..

Nailed. It.

Lol,that's too funny! I'm sure that the re-editing troll will have something to say about this, probably some skewed stat.

Troll?

Of course you don't Mrs. Marrone.

Answer honestly: Does Spiller have more unique talents as a running back than Marrone has as an NFL head coach or is it a tie?

You seem to believe Marrone had the special talent to cause player injuries. So I'll count that one. Spiller is kinda fast. 1-1. Marrone is really good at hiring defensive coordinators. I don't think Spiller has anything else. 2-1.

You seem to believe Marrone had the special talent to cause player injuries. So I'll count that one. Spiller is kinda fast. 1-1. Marrone is really good at hiring defensive coordinators. I don't think Spiller has anything else. 2-1.

Even while joking you can't think of one real thing that Marrone brings to the table but you still clearly want to retain him. Why?

Even while joking you can't think of one real thing that Marrone brings to the table but you still clearly want to retain him. Why?

I've been meaning to ask you this too FC. What is is specifically about Coach Marrone that you like? What is he doing well that warrants him coming back vs hiring someone else? Seems that when criticism of Coach Marrone comes up you just say how bad everyone else is. I'm curious ...

I've been meaning to ask you this too FC. What is is specifically about Coach Marrone that you like? What is he doing well that warrants him coming back vs hiring someone else? Seems that when criticism of Coach Marrone comes up you just say how bad everyone else is. I'm curious ...

Honestly, I don't think Marrone is doing a poor job. Is he perfect? No way. Has he messed up clock management once or twice? Sure. Has he made some questionable decisions regarding personnel? Yeah.

To me, we have the best HC we've had since Wade. This team has a mediocre offense and a great defense. That correlates with the talent levels. Marrone seems to demand accountability from his players. Benching EJ was a bold move, that was a good one. He's shown to be conservative, which is the way to play with a good defense and poor QB's, but he has shown a few examples of going for the throat or taking risks (going for it early against Denver, deep pass against GB). He has shown that he can hire a great defensive coordinator, and a possibly mediocre OC. To me, that's a net positive.

When you look at the last decade of HC's for the Bills, Marrone is the best. You want to demand excellence? Go for it. But if we take a step back like we did when we begged for Fitzy to go and drafted EJ, you'll have been wrong. And I think, with the recent history of this franchise, to can the guy who has gotten us the best record in 10 years sends the wrong message to possible candidates. If Marrone doesn't break through next season, by all means he should go. But I want to give him another year. He's earned that. "Most talented roster in years," is a BS excuse to cut him down. We're competing with playoff teams and HoF QB's. When's the last time the Bills did that? '99?

To build off an earlier point, if you think a guy like Bill Cowher, who knows the Bills have been a joke for years, sees Marrone get canned with the best record in 10 years, will be endeared to the job, I think you're crazy.

Edited by FireChan

If you were him would you take the option and play in Marrone's offense for one more year to show off your talents or would you take a cheap one year option in any one of 31 other places to get to show off your talents in an NFL offense?

I think there is a chance he picks up his option if Marrone and/or Hackett is fired. That would make sense.

Whats if he takes a cheap option and blows out an ACL, he gonna take the money, 5 mil is still 5 mill

We're competing with playoff teams and HoF QB's. When's the last time the Bills did that? '99?

Thanks for that well thought out response. At least now I know where you're coming from.

As far as the quote above:

11/11/12 Patsies 37 Bills 31

11/25/12 Colts 20 Bills 13

9/25/11 Bills 34 Patsies 31

10/2/11 Bengals 23 Bills 20

10/7/10 Bears 22 Bills 19

11/28/2010 Stealers 19 Bills 16 OT

Bills have been playing good teams close for years and years. Different would be winning more than losing these games.

Bills are 3-4 in games this year decided by a TD or less. That's slighly better than we've been doing throughout this now 15 year run. I saw an article by Chris Brown about this 2 years ago where he said the winning % was .380 or so.

8 wins is more than we've had in 10 years so good for Doug. I won't hate it if Coach Marrone stays as long as changes are made in the coaching staff on the offensive side of the football.

Back-up/change of pace backs can have misleading averages. It comes from attacking an already tired defense who cannot compensate. An analogous example, Andre Ellington as a speedster/change of pace for Mendenhall last season averaged 5.5 on 118 carries. This year, he got way more carries and has dropped to 3.3.

spiller started when Chan was here and produced. Hackett doesn't know how to adapt to the players he has. He thinks round pegs fit into square holes and it will work. With Adequate coaching we would be in the playoffs.

Didn't Spiller have his biggest year with Jauron, running up the gut? Just asking, cause I'm sure I read / heard that somewhere...

No sir. He was Gaileys pick. And all world year then.Jauron had Marshawn and Freddie

Edited by Agent 91

spiller started when Chan was here and produced. Hackett doesn't know how to adapt to the players he has. He thinks round pegs fit into square holes and it will work. With Adequate coaching we would be in the playoffs.

Spiller started one of his three years.