Marrone is staying, Hackett's a maybe. What about the O-line coach

BmarvB

Go, guys have regressed. You can take the entire offensive side of the ball as far as I am concerned. Which offensive players have improved under their tutelage?

Improved?? How much time do you have to wait for me to think of somebody? Should I pull out the couch for you??

Edited by BmarvB

Go, guys have regressed. You can take the entire offensive side of the ball as far as I am concerned. Which offensive players have improved under their tutelage?

Hogan. Arguably Henderson. Arguably Dixon. Arguably Woods, but I would emphatically reject that argument. Woods has been nothing special considering 1.) He was drafted pretty high in a deep WR draft, and 2.) He was extensively billed as the most "polished", NFL-ready WR in his draft class. Not saying he sucks, just that he hasn't come close to outperforming expectations.

Hogan. Arguably Henderson. Arguably Dixon. Arguably Woods, but I would emphatically reject that argument. Woods has been nothing special considering 1.) He was drafted pretty high in a deep WR draft, and 2.) He was extensively billed as the most "polished", NFL-ready WR in his draft class. Not saying he sucks, just that he hasn't come close to outperforming expectations.

Fair enough, that's kind of the point. There isn't a lot for the offensive coaches to hang their hats on.

We are giving him points for guys not getting worse?!?

No. We are giving him points for staving off father time. Older players decline as they age, and Marrone has helped stave that off with Fred, who is the oldest RB in the NFL. This isn't the same as Woods flatlining at 23.

No. We are giving him points for staving off father time. Older players decline as they age, and Marrone has helped stave that off with Fred, who is the oldest RB in the NFL. This isn't the same as Woods flatlining at 23.

Just curious how you think has Marrone been responsible for Freds ability to defy age? If he is then Doug Marrone is the man many people in the world have been searching. He holds the secret of anti-aging.

Just curious how you think has Marrone been responsible for Freds ability to defy age? If he is then Doug Marrone is the man many people in the world have been searching. He holds the secret of anti-aging.

Immortality is one of the many miracles of Saint Doug.

So as it stands, Henderson (a rookie) is the only lineman who improved (outside of Mack eating his lunch & dinner in Oakland). The other O-linemen either regressed some, regressed a lot, or just plain suck.

Edited by BmarvB

Fred has clearly lost a step and is still productive in this offense. That's how. He's running in molasses and is gonna have 1000 all-purpose yards.

Fred is still balling. May not be an improvement, but he's staving off a step decline. Point, Marrone!

Couldn't disagree more. Fred's age shows with every carry. I hope he hangs 'em up after the season as I believe the team will otherwise release him.

-1 for Marrone.

Fair enough, that's kind of the point. There isn't a lot for the offensive coaches to hang their hats on.

Yep, I was trying to back you up. Hogan is a definite hat rack. Henderson and Dixon are maybes, although Henderson/Kouandijo kind of evens out. (Henderson has performed about how you might think a high 2nd-round OT might perform at RT, and Kouandijo has performed at about the level of a 7th-rounder.) That's out of 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 1 FB, 4 TEs, 5 WRs, & 6 OL who have gotten significant playing time this year. That doesn't strike me as very good. Guys who seem to me to have regressed or failed to live up to expectations under Marrone/Hackett: EJ, Spiller, Glenn, Wood, Urbik, Pears, Mike Williams, and Goodwin.

On the defensive side, I'd say that Bradham, Brown, Jairus Wynn, Graham, Searcy, and Duke Williams have played above expectations. (If I didn't give the O Marquies Gray, I don't think it's far to give the D Baccari Rambo.) That's only counting this year, so guys like Kiko, Hughes, Robey, and McKelvin are excluded. That's out of 8 DL, 5 LBs, 4 CB, and 4 S who have gotten significant playing time this year. And I wouldn't say anyone has really regressed or failed to live up to expectations, except maybe Keith Rivers. My expectations on him were already pretty low to begin with, though.

None. Not a single player has improved. Good point. In fact, many got worse as the year went along! I'm fine cleaning house on the offensive side of the ball. (and HC too)

Couldn't disagree more. Fred's age shows with every carry. I hope he hangs 'em up after the season as I believe the team will otherwise release him.

-1 for Marrone.

He has 1,000 all purpose yards, hurt, at 34. The best pass pro RB on the roster. And he's in danger of being released? No chance.

Hogan hasn't necessarily improved; he's just gotten more playing time. Prior to this season, he's hardly seen the field Has the offense improved with him in there?

Henderson is a rookie. So its hard to say he's improved. Is he better than he was in week 1? Maybe but he's been somewhat inconsistent as well.

Dixon wasn't on the team last year. Nor was he a starter prior to Spiller getting hurt. So, it's hard to say how much he improved, but again, has the offense or running game really improved with him in there?

Woods is the only player you mentioned that has 2 years on this team.

CAREER STATS

Season Team Receiving Rushing Fumbles

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost

2014 Buffalo Bills 15 15 61 660 10.8 37 4 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1

2013 Buffalo Bills 14 14 40 587 14.7 57 3 2 16 8.0 13 0 -- --

TOTAL 101 1,247 12.3 57 7 2 16 8.0 13 0 1 1

So, he has more yards this year, but his average is down 4yds per catch. So, I'd say its largely a wash as to whether he's improved. He's about the same in my opinion.