Fan opinion - Wk 17 QB

MClem06

Starting QB wk 17  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who should play wk 17 vs pats?

• Orton
    • Manuel
    • Orton First Half, Manuel Second Half

Start EJ. We aren't playing for anything anymore. See if his time on the sidelines has helped him in any way at all.

the only thing we could take from it is whether his accuracy has improved. Because we don't know how hard the Pats D will go or what they will bother to throw at him.

The coaches see him in practice every day. They know how much or if he has improved Not sure how much they would be able to take from this game. If it was meaningful for Pats that might be different.

Moreover, Marrone wants to win and switching up the QB who has been taking snaps with the 2s for 3 months probably wouldn't help that effort wrt WR chemistry, OL, etc.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the dont hurt EJ's confidence arguement. What the hell? Hes a man playing pro football. If he goes out there and stinks it up and gets his fragile confidence ruined then screw him! Get him off my team!

It was ridiculous to make the switch in the first place. A weak coach trying to make good for his new boss. The descision was transparent when he first did it, and its just gross that hes sticking with Rubber arm Orton.

Marrone made his own bed on this one.

I notice Sports Illustrated has an on line article that lists the biggest disappointments in the NFL this season. At QB. Cutler gets the first team nod. Second team all disappointment....Gino Smith and EJ Manuel.

He got 4 games and won 2 for a .500 team. I'm disappointed we had to suffer through Orton.

Let Gray (#48) QB a few series!

Put in Tuel for a while. Let Freddy throw a couple of passes. Let Sammy throw a couple. Play everyone. Put Hughes at tight end. Nickell Robey wide out. Anything to make it an entertaining game!

Don't do this to EJ now. NOT against the Pats. let him prepare for next season and re-emerge then instead of feeding him to the wolves now. It's too late for this. Let the Pats put Orton out of his misery and bury his azs on the couch once and for all.

I voted Orton and agree with this. There's no upside to playing EJ in a single, meaningless game against a team they never beat. Even if he plays well, it doesn't translate to next year. He needs to start fresh in camp and build toward opening 2015 as the starter.