Pope Francis ain't messing around

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how just a couple years ago the Catholic church was portrayed as a medieval relic full of superstitious pedophiles.

But the new Pope is a Leftist so now they are portrayed as a spiritual voice of conscience.

Right?

Never mind that it's still a medieval relic full of superstitious pedophiles.

Amazing how just a couple years ago the Catholic church was portrayed as a medieval relic full of superstitious pedophiles.

But the new Pope is a Leftist so now they are portrayed as a spiritual voice of conscience.

He may be a medieval relic superstitious pedophile, but he's THEIR medieval relic superstitious pedophile.

Yes, but in much the same way conservatives hail a John Stewart video that picks on Obama.

Make no mistake, the left is eager for any assemblance of religion to be brought to its knees in this country. They hate Jews. They hate Catholics. They hate even non-denominational Christians. Believing in Christ or God is ridiculous to them, and for that belief you must be mocked and spat on until you are silenced.

Unless you're a Muslim who murders Americans. Then we need to walk on egg shells so as to not offend their religion of peace.

Yes, but in much the same way conservatives hail a John Stewart video that picks on Obama.

Make no mistake, the left is eager for any assemblance of religion to be brought to its knees in this country. They hate Jews. They hate Catholics. They hate even non-denominational Christians. Believing in Christ or God is ridiculous to them, and for that belief you must be mocked and spat on until you are silenced.

Unless you're a Muslim who murders Americans. Then we need to walk on egg shells so as to not offend their religion of peace.

Wrong. They embrace your belief in God, as long as you're not white. Liberals would probably even love black Jews, if they knew black Jews existed.

That even applies to Islam. Arab Muslims, walk on eggshells. But no one gives a **** about offending Bosnians...

as usual, you are just plain wrong. there are plenty of liberal Christians and specifically liberal Catholics. you're arguing with one right now. mass. is the most catholic state in the union and one of the most liberal. witrh 45% catholics, more than a few must be liberal. oh , yeah and that kennedy family...

Edited by birdog1960

as usual, you are just plain wrong. there are plenty of liberal Christians and specifically liberal Catholics. you're arguing with one right now. mass. is the most catholic state in the union and one of the most liberal. witrh 45% catholics, more than a few must be liberal. oh , yeah and that kennedy family...

The fact that you compare "that kennedy family" with today's liberals is all I need to know about how right or wrong you are. If JFK was alive today, he'd be branded a tea party right wing extremist nutbag.

But hey...if you're a Christian...and particularly a Catholic, you must be very concerned about the federal government preparing to remove your church's tax exempt status when that church refuses to marry gays, right? I mean, the Bible is pretty clear about homosexual conduct, so when they come for your church, are you ready for the fight?

It begins with articles like this.

The fact that you compare "that kennedy family" with today's liberals is all I need to know about how right or wrong you are. If JFK was alive today, he'd be branded a tea party right wing extremist nutbag.

But hey...if you're a Christian...and particularly a Catholic, you must be very concerned about the federal government preparing to remove your church's tax exempt status when that church refuses to marry gays, right? I mean, the Bible is pretty clear about homosexual conduct, so when they come for your church, are you ready for the fight?

It begins with articles like this.

edward kennedy was one of the biggest supporters of the aca and very important to it's passage. http://articles.courant.com/2012-04-01/news/hc-op-ted-kennedy-health-care-legacy-0401-20120401_1_health-insurance-health-care-coverage-aca he consistently voted with liberals. jfk http://www.newrepublic.com/article/115522/jfk-was-unapologetic-liberal and robert http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jun/06/robert-kennedy-assassination-anniversary were most definitely liberals, then or now. and massachusettes is very liberal and very Catholic. there are also numerous examples of liberal Christian and Catholic clergy. many have spent time in prison for their beliefs. there's an elderly nun in prison right now that may well not survive her incarceration.

Edited by birdog1960

edward kennedy was one of the biggest supporters of the aca and very important to it's passage. http://articles.courant.com/2012-04-01/news/hc-op-ted-kennedy-health-care-legacy-0401-20120401_1_health-insurance-health-care-coverage-aca he consistently voted with liberals. jfk and robert were most definitely liberals, then or now. and massachusettes is very liberal and very Catholic. there are also numerous examples of liberal Christian and Catholic clergy. many have spent time in prison for their beliefs. there's an elderly nun in prison right now that may well not survive her incarceration.

Ted Kennedy was nothing like his brothers. Ted was an opportunist, who didn't believe the laws he advocated for should apply to him. A staunch advocate for off-shore wind farms, but not where the could marr the view from his homes in Hyannisport or the Vinyard.

Robert was more of an idealist, and was to the left of his brother Jack on social issues, but shared his fiscal conservitism.

Jack would have been considered a neo-Conservative today.

Out of curiosity, as a good catholic, what is your stand on abortion and homosexuallity?

Out of curiosity, as a good catholic, what is your stand on abortion and homosexuallity?

i am against abortion as a religious matter. i'm against the death penalty for the same reason. i don't believe the state is required to follow religious principles. same for same sex marriage. the state and church are appropriately searate.

Edited by birdog1960

i am against abortion as a religious matter. i'm against the death penalty for the same reason. i don't believe the state is required to follow religious principles. same for same sex marriage. the state and church are appropriately searate.

As a Catholic, do you believe that homosexuality is wrong and a sin?

Ted Kennedy was nothing like his brothers. Ted was an opportunist, who didn't believe the laws he advocated for should apply to him. A staunch advocate for off-shore wind farms, but not where the could marr the view from his homes in Hyannisport or the Vinyard.

Robert was more of an idealist, and was to the left of his brother Jack on social issues, but shared his fiscal conservitism.

Jack would have been considered a neo-Conservative today.

"During the 1960 presidential campaign, when Republicans tried to make the term liberal anathema, Kennedy embraced it. A liberal, he said in one speech, “cares about the welfare of the people—their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties,” and under that definition, he said, “I’m proud to say I’m a ‘liberal.’”

from the new republic article i linked.

"During the 1960 presidential campaign, when Republicans tried to make the term liberal anathema, Kennedy embraced it. A liberal, he said in one speech, cares about the welfare of the peopletheir health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties, and under that definition, he said, Im proud to say Im a liberal.

from the new republic article i linked.

Do you believe that the liberalism of 1961 is identical to that of 2015?

The neo-Conservative movement was formed out of the anti-Stalinist left, which as a liberal of that time, Kennedy certainly was. In fact, Kennedy's positions greatly resemble those of today's neo-Cons.

Do you believe that the liberalism of 1961 is identical to that of 2015?

The neo-Conservative movement was formed out of the anti-Stalinist left, which as a liberal of that time, Kennedy certainly was. In fact, Kennedy's positions greatly resemble those of today's neo-Cons.

did you read the link within the link. he praised george meaney during that speech in front of the liberal party. face it. you're wrong. he most definitely was a liberal and defined the word and himself.

did you read the link within the link. he praised george meaney during that speech in front of the liberal party. face it. you're wrong. he most definitely was a liberal and defined the word and himself.

John F. Kennedy and his policies reflected those of 2015 liberalism?

That's your argument?

Really?

John F. Kennedy and his policies reflected those of 2015 liberalism?

That's your argument?

Really?

no, the argument is that there are a great many liberal Christians and specifically, liberal Catholics. there are many in Mass. alone. but i can't let you get away with characterizing jfk as anything but a liberal. it's not integral to my argument but it is so. here's another quote from the same speech:

Our responsibility is not discharged by announcement of virtuous ends. Our responsibility is to achieve these objectives with social invention, with political skill, and executive vigor. I believe for these reasons that liberalism is our best and only hope in the world today. For the liberal society is a free society, and it is at the same time and for that reason a strong society. Its strength is drawn from the will of free people committed to great ends and peacefully striving to meet them. Only liberalism, in short, can repair our national power, restore our national purpose, and liberate our national energies. And the only basic issue in the 1960 campaign is whether our government will fall in a conservative rut and die there, or whether we will move ahead in the liberal spirit of daring, of breaking new ground, of doing in our generation what Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman and Adlai Stevenson did in their time of influence and responsibility.

franklin roosevelt…so where are the quotes that support your position?