You pick our next OC

BmarvB

He's always had a balanced attack of running and passing, from a pro style offense. He's had tremendous success everywhere with all kinds of different players and skill sets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gus_Malzahn

Thanks for the refresher. Sounds like a guy who tailors his system for his players. Weird haha. :)

I would say give his work with Newton, he'd be much more qualified than the current coaches to work with EJ (or a qb of his chosing). Very interesting.

I just hop they don't stay with the status quo.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my quick fix, although I have no idea if the main component of it would want the job, and with an assist to Kirby Jackson for first putting the idea of the HC in my head.

1] Whaley tells Marrone we want you as the coach, but you must fire your OC plus OL and maybe the entire staff, and bring in a new one.

2] Marrone says not a chance, I will quit before I do that.

3] Whaley says that is your choice. We like you, we don't like how this offense performs. Marrone quits.

4] The Bills hire Gus Malzhan, the HC of Auburn who is the next big star offensive minded coach.

5] On the same day, the Bills give Schwartz a huge raise and promote him to Associate Head Coach, to help Malzahn with a lot of the duties a college coach coming to the NFL needs help with, perhaps with the caveat that Schwartz wait at least one year before interviewing for HC jobs.

I wouldnt hate it.....and frankly there is no away we would be worse then we are right now

He's always had a balanced attack of running and passing, from a pro style offense. He's had tremendous success everywhere with all kinds of different players and skill sets.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Gus_Malzahn

Interesting. I'd consider giving this guy a shot. Unlike Hackett, he has a record of success and knows how to run an offense.

Go get urban myer. He has won everywhere he has been and he has won right away. He won a NC with two different QBs at Florida and now he is in the college playoff, having just WHOOPED on Wisconsin with his third string qb.

Maybe if we offered him $10mil/year, maybe he might consider leaving Ohio St for the Bills. But he probably wouldnt consider it for longer than 2 minutes.

Get an OC who understands the current style of NFL offense. One who will have pass routes that go past the first down marker on 3rd down. A guy who will tell the coach, no, we will not punt. We can make this 4th and 1. A OC who tailors the plays and game plan to his players strengths. In short, everything Hackett is not.

Get an OC who understands the current style of NFL offense. One who will have pass routes that go past the first down marker on 3rd down. A guy who will tell the coach, no, we will not punt. We can make this 4th and 1. A OC who tailors the plays and game plan to his players strengths. In short, everything Hackett is not.

We basically need Whaley to pick the OC, and make Marrone stay out of the OC's business. (similar to how I imagine Schwartz is not intruded upon by Marrone). We need an established individual. I would Sporano if he is not given the HC job in Oakland. Or Trestman.

Get Frank Reich over here. What a great job he did Saturday night.

You can't hire another team's OC to be your OC. It would have to be a promotion to HC.

I wouldnt hate it.....and frankly there is no away we would be worse then we are right now

Yes it we could be worse and have been frequently over the last 10 years.

We basically need Whaley to pick the OC, and make Marrone stay out of the OC's business. (similar to how I imagine Schwartz is not intruded upon by Marrone). We need an established individual. I would Sporano if he is not given the HC job in Oakland. Or Trestman.

I wouldn't want Trestman unless we somehow got a good QB. Trestman is a pass happy guy who needs a good QB.