Corey Graham

vegas55

Given his veteran status, is there a dumber player on this team than Graham? On 3rd and 22, with one on one coverage, he basically stops/slows his coverage to gauge, I guess where the ball might be thrown. His explanation? He wanted to make a play (interception). And of course the receiver and play get past him. Hey dope, most interceptions of long balls like that result in the db being tackled on the spot - which is what a punt would have yielded anyway. In any event, it's beyond stupid to risk giving up a long pass in that situation for the possibility of an interception.

The worst part is that Graham did the EXACT same thing earlier in the year in the Houston game. With very little time left in first half, and the Bills holding a nice lead, he has one on one coverage on Houstons fastest receiver and gives up a long TD by stopping/slowing his coverage just like yesterday. And let Houston right back in the game. Hey Corey - please, just cover your guy. Not giving up huge plays in big situations is far more important than you possibly coming up with an interception 40 yards down the field.

He admitted he blew it on that play too. Got caught looking in the backfield and that's when te WR got behind him. Probably wasnt expecting Carr to be able to throw that well when flushed out of the pocket too. Going up against Orton in practice would not prepare you for that play

Edited by JTSP

Graham has played well all year and actually was playing better as a starter then McKelvin and it showed with the defense as a whole playing as good as it has over the last month or so.

He made a bad play but the bigger mistake was Schwartz again refusing to blitz on third and long giving the QB time to even make that play.

He made a bad play and blames the entire loss on himself. No game is won or lost on one play by one player. It's a team game that lasts for sixty minutes. I don't think he is a freakish athlete like McKelvin, but he has been doing pretty well as a second stringer. I wish there was a chance for him to redeem himself before the season ends, but next week is likely to be an ugly game, and I my only hope for that game is that nobody gets hurt.

He has been a great player for us all year, and after the game he took full blame for the bad play, and the entire loss (even though any reasonable person knows it isnt just one guy's fault, and certainly not on D).

Cant ask for a better player and team mate. I look forward to having him on our team next year.

Given his veteran status, is there a dumber player on this team than Graham? On 3rd and 22, with one on one coverage, he basically stops/slows his coverage to gauge, I guess where the ball might be thrown. His explanation? He wanted to make a play (interception). And of course the receiver and play get past him. Hey dope, most interceptions of long balls like that result in the db being tackled on the spot - which is what a punt would have yielded anyway. In any event, it's beyond stupid to risk giving up a long pass in that situation for the possibility of an interception.

The worst part is that Graham did the EXACT same thing earlier in the year in the Houston game. With very little time left in first half, and the Bills holding a nice lead, he has one on one coverage on Houstons fastest receiver and gives up a long TD by stopping/slowing his coverage just like yesterday. And let Houston right back in the game. Hey Corey - please, just cover your guy. Not giving up huge plays in big situations is far more important than you possibly coming up with an interception 40 yards down the field.

The Bills got there a$s kicked by an inferior team. The whole team lost this game, except maybe Carpenter.

He has been a great player for us all year, and after the game he took full blame for the bad play, and the entire loss (even though any reasonable person knows it isnt just one guy's fault, and certainly not on D).

Cant ask for a better player and team mate. I look forward to having him on our team next year.

Yup, Graham is a great guy and it was a great signing.

He screwed one play. It's happens. It happens more when you have to bail your offense out game after game after game.

The D's margin of error is so small given how bad our offense is.

Actually as noted, he screwed up in the exact same way more than once. Of course, mistakes happen all the time. But it's the critical moments that count, and both those came at critical times. It isn't just criticism of a physical mistake, it's criticism of a complete mental lapse at the worst possible time - twice

Actually as noted, he screwed up in the exact same way more than once. Of course, mistakes happen all the time. But it's the critical moments that count, and both those came at critical times. It isn't just criticism of a physical mistake, it's criticism of a complete mental lapse at the worst possible time - twice

Against the worst offense in the league.