Tony Sparano: 7-2 against the Bills

dave mcbride

... and 11-3 if you include his offensive coordinator/coaching stints with Dallas and the Jets. He's yet another Parcells guy who has the Bills' number (Belichick, Payton, Coughlin, ...). Why can't we ever face Ray Handley??

I can't say I've watched much of the Raiders this year, but I was impressed yesterday. Their line and backs are good, and Mack is a true difference maker. I also thought that Carr was pretty impressive. He definitely has gotten better over the course of the season and is already better than any of the QBs taken last season.

I also thought that Carr was pretty impressive. He definitely has gotten better over the course of the season and is already better than any of the QBs taken last season.

Looks to be the best of the 2014 draft class too.

Make him our OC if he doesn't stay on with the raiders. Heck I take him as HC. Did u see what the crappy OL ad no name RB did to us today?

Murray is far from a no name running back. Not to mix fantasy football with real life but reports have been coming in all year about how he was ready to breakout. He had 2 tds against the Chiefs that were the first 2 given up all year in week 11.

That said he has been a poor hc. If you want him as oc be ready for the wildcat to come back. Pass.

if he had the same team all along it might mean something

... or maybe it's that Parcells-trained assistants maximize toughness and tough-mindedness in their approach, which leads to high winning percentages against weaker-minded coaching staffs. The combined record of Parcells and his former assistants-turned head coaches against the Bills since 1990 is 49-14 (including postseason).

Edited by dave mcbride

Murray is far from a no name running back. Not to mix fantasy football with real life but reports have been coming in all year about how he was ready to breakout. He had 2 tds against the Chiefs that were the first 2 given up all year in week 11.

That said he has been a poor hc. If you want him as oc be ready for the wildcat to come back. Pass.

I don't know if I'd say "poor." He did take over a 1-15 team and turn them into an 11-5 team that won the division a few years ago. That's more than can be said for any Bills coach since 1999.

... and 11-3 if you include his offensive coordinator/coaching stints with Dallas and the Jets. He's yet another Parcells guy who has the Bills' number (Belichick, Payton, Coughlin, ...). Why can't we ever face Ray Handley??

I can't say I've watched much of the Raiders this year, but I was impressed yesterday. Their line and backs are good, and Mack is a true difference maker. I also thought that Carr was pretty impressive. He definitely has gotten better over the course of the season and is already better than any of the QBs taken last season.

Carr has a lower qbr than EJ did as a rookie. Yet, the Raiders stuck with him throw ups and downs and he's improving. He has played more games than EJ has now.

But at least we developed Kyle Orton. So dumb.

Carr has a lower qbr than EJ did as a rookie. Yet, the Raiders stuck with him throw ups and downs and he's improving. He has played more games than EJ has now.

I think this post qualifies as "crusade"! B-) (Also they both have 77.7 ratings.)

Edited by dave mcbride

Make him our OC if he doesn't stay on with the raiders. Heck I take him as HC. Did u see what the crappy OL ad no name RB did to us today?

I would def want him as our OC if he does not get a HC job. I'd even take the Raiders OC as our OC.

But, Carr did not have the same level of talent around him. Or the dominant D that EJ had. But EJ does have a MUCH worse offensive coaching staff.

I think this post qualifies as "crusade"! B-) (Also they both have 77.7 ratings.)

So how can Carr be better than EJ (and Qbr is such a better stat)?

And it's so frustrating. Tony S could have benched Carr, who struggled badly at times, to make himself look better as a head coach. But he stuck with the young guy, despite having a backup who was better than Orton. And now the Raiders are in better shape in knowing about their young qb.

So how can Carr be better than EJ (and Qbr is such a better stat)?

And it's so frustrating. Tony S could have benched Carr, who struggled badly at times, to make himself look better as a head coach. But he stuck with the young guy, despite having a backup who was better than Orton. And now the Raiders are in better shape in knowing about their young qb.

The thing is, Carr has really improved. He played well against the Chiefs and SF, and they've won their last 3 home games. The problem with EJ last year was that the coaches felt he simply couldn't handle the offense in the final stages of the season. He didn't have a good handle on it this year either. As far as I know, that's not the case with Carr.

The thing is, Carr has really improved. He played well against the Chiefs and SF, and they've won their last 3 home games. The problem with EJ last year was that the coaches felt he simply couldn't handle the offense in the final stages of the season. He didn't have a good handle on it this year either. As far as I know, that's not the case with Carr.

Well, I disagree. EJ played as well as Carr as a rookie. And given how bad The veteran Orton looks, maybe the problem was bigger than EJ.

But Tony S is a million times the OC than Hackett. I'd hire him in a second.

Well, I disagree. EJ played as well as Carr as a rookie. And given how bad The veteran Orton looks, maybe the problem was bigger than EJ.

But Tony S is a million times the OC than Hackett. I'd hire him in a second.

I agree about Sparano. I don't think that Manuel played as well as Carr, especially as the season went on, but reasonable people can differ.

Yeah, he's going to be one of those guys everyone targets in fantasy drafts next year.

... or maybe it's that Parcells-trained assistants maximize toughness and tough-mindedness in their approach, which leads to high winning percentages against weaker-minded coaching staffs. The combined record of Parcells and his former assistants-turned head coaches against the Bills since 1990 is 49-14 (including postseason).

Maybe, but they have won only 3 games this year...

I just think the Bills aren't that great, and lost a West Coast road game after a big home win. Sparano is nothing special, the Bills teams he has played have lost many games, to many different coaches.

yet he didn't stay in either NY or Miami and is only an interim HC for the Fiders

blame coaching or blame the players on the field. The Raiders ran all over the D and the backs were horrible against the deep pass.

Had EJ been put in the game may not have been the disaster it was

1965 or so was the last time the Bills won in Oakland did Sporano factor into that too?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever