My Sad Farewell as a Bills Fan

realtruelove

You just realized NOW that you were wasting your time? I enjoy wasting time though it makes my life happier!

For a long time now I have thought of the Bills as on par with my job/career - it's never going to really get any better, I don't owe it anything, but if I were to ever give it up I would just probably curl up in a corner and die.

Mentality like that is probably why your job/career isn't going to get any better, bub.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked you.

But adios! One doesn't decide on "his team" based on their fortunes, if he is a true fan.

Good luck with whatever team you decide to follow, for a time, as long as they meet your expectations. I'm sure you will find many fair weather fans you can bond with.

are you thinking I'm the one leaving Dean? Or just agreeing with my quote. Or maybe you just accidently hot my post instead of the OP.

are you thinking I'm the one leaving Dean? Or just agreeing with my quote. Or maybe you just accidently hot my post instead of the OP.

LoL... That's what I was wondering.

FWIW... You did have this little poll on here that you floated out. For the record, I voted you to stay! ;-)

Maybe Dean is having a "senior moment." ;-)

Accidentally quoted your post, Mr Rags.

Sorry

you were banned by the infamous Simon for 2 months for doing nothing wrong like I was?

No I was not. But I doubt Simon banned anyone for doing "nothing". IMO, Simon is good people.

Anyway I was just teasing, as your banning (and most of your presence here) was during my "dark period". I only really knew of you due to the "Should Mr Rags..." threads.

Lighten up. I thought it was a humorous comeback. Apparently I was wrong.

No I was not. But I doubt Simon banned anyone for doing "nothing". IMO, Simon is good people.

Anyway I was just teasing, as your banning (and most of your presence here) was during my "dark period". I only really knew of you due to the "Should Mr Rags..." threads.

You weren't wrong, you just chose the wrong target.

Um, really? 2 guards and a QB. That's really it. Settle down.

Is that all? Hell, that's easy. Right? Tons of QBs out there for the taking.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass! This team is on the up and up!

Go Bills!

No it's not, it's treading water. Take this substandard team, subtract Spiller, Hughes, Spikes, Pears, probably FJax (retirement) and possibly Searcy. That's your starting point in March, and you have no #1 pick and 0 capable QBs.

its all in good fun.

But yes. I was banned for 2 months for no reason, but who cares. Time has passed. Over it. Don't care.

You weren't wrong, you just chose the wrong target.

your a douch.

I still follow the Bills, but NFL football, including the Bills, means far less to me than it has in years. I always said I allow football to be as important to me as I want it to be because it makes it more fun. Honestly, this season hasn't been much fun. It's had its moments, but losing today to a sorry team when a win would likely set up an opportunity where a win gets you into the playoffs is the perfect microcosm of this season. They keep getting into a position where you are fooled into thinking maybe they don't suck ass this year, then every time they've had the opportunity to get a big win over a key opponent to give them a leg up in the playoff hunt they've **** the bed. That's not fun to me.

I preferred the 4-12 season where you knew early on the team wasn't going to the playoffs, but you watched them progress throughout the year and had reason to think maybe they could be good next year. This year was like a series of opportunities to hook up with a really hot girl and every time you think you're about to score she goes and !@#$s some other guy instead.

I'll still keep tabs on the Bills and watch the games when I can, but I understand how OP feels. There comes a point when cheering for losers who choke in every big game stops being fun. Why subject yourself to something that only makes you unhappy?

Edited by Rob's House