We could be worse off

Rayzer32

How you like to have that cap problem and suck as bad as they did. Boston and Fiedler count most towards that figure and look how they each contributed last year. Good luck Saban. Get used to the basement for awhile.

On the positive side they can cut Fiedler and Boston, save alot of money and not lose any talent. :(

The Dolphins are one of those classic examples of the franchise that is better off just blowing itself up, and starting from scratch. The spent most of the last two decades being good, but never great! It is sort of like what the Bills went through (and are hopefully working their way out of) the last few years...I think Saban will do a good job there. He is a very sharp guy, and is not alien to the NFL, like many college guys who bomb out...

First link on TSW page.

Cap #s

227639[/snapback]

Or you can look at the link in my sig :(

Miami's cap problems are overstated. Don't just look at the number. It's important to look at how a team can become cap compliant to really see if a team is in cap jail or hell, etc. I really think Seattle is in worse shape because of all the top FAs that have even though they are way under the cap.

With respect to Miami, they have a full off-season roster (top 51 rule). If the $17 million over is true, they can make 4 moves and they are nearly cap compliant: release QB Fiedler, WR Boston, LB Seau, and convert Chambers' $5 million roster bonus to signing bonus. Those moves together save approx. $17 million. Surtain trade would save about $5.5 million. I'm in the process of writing a cap analysis article for FinHeaven, so if any of y'all are interested, I post a link in my sig when it's available

Or you can look at the link in  my sig  :(

Miami's cap problems are overstated. Don't just look at the number. It's important to look at how a team can become cap compliant to really see if a team is in cap jail or hell, etc. I really think Seattle is in worse shape because of all the top FAs that have even though they are way under the cap.

With respect to Miami, they have a full off-season roster (top 51 rule). If the $17 million over is true, they can make 4 moves and they are nearly cap compliant: release QB Fiedler, WR Boston, LB Seau, and convert Chambers' $5 million roster bonus to signing bonus. Those moves together save approx. $17 million.  Surtain trade would save about $5.5 million. I'm in the process of writing a cap analysis article for FinHeaven, so if any of y'all are interested, I post a link in my sig when it's available

227842[/snapback]

That cap crap is too confusing for me to get into. I just believe what I read.

I would be interested in reading your article. :(

With respect to Miami, they have a full off-season roster (top 51 rule). If the $17 million over is true, they can make 4 moves and they are nearly cap compliant: release QB Fiedler, WR Boston, LB Seau, and convert Chambers' $5 million roster bonus to signing bonus. Those moves together save approx. $17 million.  Surtain trade would save about $5.5 million. I'm in the process of writing a cap analysis article for FinHeaven, so if any of y'all are interested, I post a link in my sig when it's available

227842[/snapback]

Don't forget about the loot they will need to sign their draft class. The second overall pick doesn't come cheap.

Don't forget about the loot they will need to sign their draft class. The second overall pick doesn't come cheap.

227898[/snapback]

With no first rounder the Bills will have a Rookie limit of about 1.8 million. That is all they are allowed to use in cap space to pay the rookies. So the rookies have got to work with agents to structure under that. 2nd rounders are cheap. They will get league minimums with 100k increases for a couple years and maybe a 1/2 million in bonus money. That is about it.

227842[/snapback]

I have a question for you. How come you as a Bills fan spend so much time on a fins board?