Manzeil just got knocked out of game

i just added it to this thread from Sunday about him getting hurt instead of adding a new one. But the story today is he says he didn't take his job as seriously as he should have.

There ends any comparison to EJ. People may say that EJ isn't a good QB, but nobody ever said he didn't take his job seriously. In fact, it seems that just the opposite is true.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now Johnny Foosball gets find for being late for his treatment, just days after saying he needed to take the job more seriously. I'm not sure this guy has a clue.

But add to that Gordon's suspension and one has to wonder" Does Pettine have any control over this team? I won't make a knee-jerk assessment here, but it isn't looking good for Mike at this point. I don't see his players rallying around him in the way I expected.

The Bills had this rookie quarterback who didn't slide and got hit in the knee. He ended up missing several games. What was his name again? Manuel?

I think Manziel seems like a jerk and I don't know if he will ever turn out to be any good, but let's not forget that he is not the only one to make the rookie mistake of taking the hit rather than learning to slide.

Let us also not forget that EJ threw for more than 80 yards in his first start

Let us also not forget that EJ threw for more than 80 yards in his first start

EJ actually looked like a real NFL QB in his first start. Usually it takes some film for defenses to pick up your tendencies so the first few games for rookie are some of their best of the year. I wonder what will happen with manziel. My gut is they sign someone in FA and part ways with hoyer. Manziel and new guy battle it out in TC.

EJ actually looked like a real NFL QB in his first start. Usually it takes some film for defenses to pick up your tendencies so the first few games for rookie are some of their best of the year. I wonder what will happen with manziel. My gut is they sign someone in FA and part ways with hoyer. Manziel and new guy battle it out in TC.

I'm not sure Manziel will ever get it. He needs to work a lot harder and mature a ton before next season. Based on his history, I just wouldn't put that as "likely".

I'm not sure Manziel will ever get it. He needs to work a lot harder and mature a ton before next season. Based on his history, I just wouldn't put that as "likely".

agreed. the one thing you can control as a rookie QB is how much work you put in and the dedication to being a nfl QB. It is the hardest transition of any position. If he was unwilling to do that then I think it's a character flaw. Not coachable.

It looks like a rude awakening for him to have linebackers close on him that fast.

Any ruder than his fans who were convinced he would take the NFL by storm?

He strikes me as a skater, i.e., someone who has talents that are well above average but doesn't have a real desire to work harder to get better. Cutler gives me that same vibe. I'm so glad we didn't draft Johnny Bustball.

Seriously, how bad does Cleveland's drafts look now?

i truly don't think Pettine wanted to draft him. I feel bad that he is stuck with him.

Welp

@MaryKayCabot: League source confirms for http://t.co/pKcwzxPomm report by @JasonLaCanfora that Manziel threw big party Friday night that led to tardies.

Yo, Lo---that link doesn't resolve to the article.

Or, in TSW speak:

Linky no worky

Let's try this one.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24919509/browns-ready-to-part-with-josh-gordon-frustrated-over-johnny-manziel

or this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/28/report-manziels-friday-night-party-led-to-players-saturday-tardies/

Jonny defenders already composing posts saying JM is on the disabled list, so "who cares if he is blowing off his rehab?".

Edited by The Dean

Yo, Lo---that link doesn't resolve to the article.

Or, in TSW speak:

Linky no worky

Let's try this one.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24919509/browns-ready-to-part-with-josh-gordon-frustrated-over-johnny-manziel

or this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/28/report-manziels-friday-night-party-led-to-players-saturday-tardies/

Jonny defenders already composing posts saying JM is on the disabled list, so "who cares if he is blowing off his rehab?".

looks like Mary Kay corrected her tweet after the fact. Thanks for the linkies.

Ummmm I think they should start over without this clown and eat the draft pick

@DustinFox37: "The Browns had to send security personnel to Manziel's house on Saturday to try to locate him when he was absent”- @JasonLaCanfora