St. Doug to Michigan?

Kirby Jackson

What are your thoughts on this rumor? http://mweb.cbssport...michigans-radar

no way, unless Harbaugh comes here then I'm all in :thumbsup:

Well, they are offering Harbaugh $8M a year. Marrone currently makes $3.5M. If Michigan offers him $6M it's an easy decision for him IMO. He would almost double his salary and take a more prestigious job.

NFL is always above college

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. If I was a HC, I would choose a big time college program over an NFL team in a heart beat.

Horse poop.

When Saban took over the Bama job, recruits who had no interest in going UA suddenly changed their stance.

As one recruit was quoted: "Saban changes everything."

Harbaugh built Stanford into a power.

Harbaugh took the 49ers to the SB.

If Harbaugh took the Michigan job, watch how fast he gets a QB.

Harbaugh "built" Stanford into a powerhouse? Total BS. His success only began when Luck showed up. I guess Chuck Pagano "built" the current Colts success as well...

As for Michigan--it's recent QBs have been Devon Gardner, Denard Robinson and Tate Forcier.

As for Bama, everyone wants to play in the SEC.

On a college campus the HC is like a god

Everyone kisses your butt and fawns over you... You are the freaking man when it cones to football and you make more than most NFL HC

In the NFL you have to deal with a GM owner etc

Tell that to Brady Hoke. and Rich Rodriguez

In college, you have to deal with all those wacked out boosters.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Tell that to Brady Hoke. and Rich Rodriguez

In college, you have to deal with all those wacked out boosters.

The likelihood that he will be out-recruited and out-played by Urban Meyer's teams pretty much means he would fail at Michigan, IMO.

But if Marrone doesn't know exactly how he is going to get the team better on the offensive side of the ball, he would be best served to go to Michigan if he gets a 4 year deal for more money. Because he will not survive in Buffalo beyond 2015 season if the offense doesn't improve considerably. At which point, jobs like Michigan won't be happening for him.

There are maybe two jobs in the NFL more prestigious than being the head coach at Alabama. Sorry.

As usual I agree with you. It's "UB-itous." WNY doesn't really follow CFB so it's difficult for people to relate to how big it is. The thought that Jacksonville is a better job than Alabama isn't even laughable -it's ignorant. It's like the reverse of how a large majority of the country views the NHL. It's tough for WNyers to relate but you can find die hard sports fans all over the country that couldn't name 10 NHL players. You'd be really hard pressed to find 3 sports fans that don't know Nick Saban.

There are maybe two jobs in the NFL more prestigious than being the head coach at Alabama. Sorry.

As someone else said, Saban wouldn't have left for Alabama if he was a SB winning HC in the NFL. He couldn't cut it in the league, had to retreat back to the NCAA. Great college coach though....and there's nothing wrong with that.

As usual I agree with you. It's "UB-itous." WNY doesn't really follow CFB so it's difficult for people to relate to how big it is. The thought that Jacksonville is a better job than Alabama isn't even laughable -it's ignorant. It's like the reverse of how a large majority of the country views the NHL. It's tough for WNyers to relate but you can find die hard sports fans all over the country that couldn't name 10 NHL players. You'd be really hard pressed to find 3 sports fans that don't know Nick Saban.

I bet, if asked, a majority of sports fans would agree that an NFL HC spot is the pinnacle of coaching, not NCAA.

While I tend to agree some top college programs are as, or more, prestigious than some pro jobs, the prestige is in the eye of the beholder. What is prestigious to one man, might not even register to another. For many I'm sure being in the top pro league simply cannot be matched. While for others, being the biggest man on campus. revered for the most part, is a bigger draw. Would you rather have a big role in shaping these quality young athletes into men? Or does leading the best football players in the world, men for the most part, in their profession float your boat?

Tough call I think. It's a huge payday either way.

Absolutely. thats a very good point.

While I tend to agree some top college programs are as, or more, prestigious than some pro jobs, the prestige is in the eye of the beholder. What is prestigious to one man, might not even register to another. For many I'm sure being in the top pro league simply cannot be matched. While for others, being the biggest man on campus. revered for the most part, is a bigger draw. Would you rather have a big role in shaping these quality young athletes into men? Or does leading the best football players in the world, men for the most part, in their profession float your boat?

Tough call I think. It's a huge payday either way.

As is this. You're right it's completely relative to who's being asked.

As someone else said, Saban wouldn't have left for Alabama if he was a SB winning HC in the NFL.

All this statement shows is you and the other poster who stated it have no clue about Saban.

Keep thinking the Lombardi is the ultimate goal for somebody like Saban.

It means nothing to him. It's like the crystal football at the collegiate level. He's earned 4 of them.

To him, they're trinkets. Nothing more.

Winning the championship is not what gives him satisfaction. That's just a possible result of what does give him satisfaction.

Until you can wrap your head around that, it will never make any sense to you.

All this statement shows is you and the other poster who stated it have no clue about Saban.

Keep thinking the Lombardi is the ultimate goal for somebody like Saban.

It means nothing to him. It's like the crystal football at the collegiate level. He's earned 4 of them.

To him, they're trinkets. Nothing more.

Winning the championship is not what gives him satisfaction. That's just a possible result of what does give him satisfaction.

Until you can wrap your head around that, it will never make any sense to you.

Uh.....ok.

Michigan job is not what it used to be Kirby...every job in the SEC just about better than that one. Students not showing up at games, cold weather, hard academics....plus every team on TV now, not like it was 25 years ago when you only saw 3 games a week and Michigam always seemed to be on

And i am not buying the Michigan job is more prestigious than any NFL job.

I agree there's a chasm between the SEC and anything else. Alabama will pound ohio state next week.