9 wins

8-8 Forever?

Reposting from another thread, but it is appropriate here:

We all know that the same individuals who are saying,

"Don't care about a winning season if we don't make the playoffs. Me heap big realist and only accept excellence. You homers are too easily satisfied."

Wil also say,

"Don't care about making playoffs if we go one and done. Me heap big realist and only accept excellence. You homers are too easily satisfied."

And will probably say,

"Don't care about winning one playoff game if we don't go to the Super Bowl. Me heap big realist and only accept excellence. You homers are too easily satisfied."

And will probably also say,

"Don't care about going to the Super Bowl if we don't win the Super Bowl. Me heap big realist and only accept excellence. You homers are too easily satisfied."

And will probably also say,

"Don't care about winning the Super Bowl if we miss the playoffs the following year. Me heap big realist and only accept excellence. You homers are too easily satisfied."

I'm just an easily satisfied homer. They won on Sunday, and the next Sunday game is significant. Probably the one after that too.

At the start of the season, those projecting 8-10 wins were accused of peddling kool-aid by many. I'd prefer they were in the playoffs, as would any Bills fan, but this season thus far has been a clear sign of progress. They need to continue to build off of it.

The failure to develop a future QB, and the failure to get even average offensive production from average to above average talent is a reality that our final record - skewed by a championship defense - can't hide. if our coaches need a talented finished product at the QB position to execute their offense, then 2015 won't look any different than this year. as a matter of fact.. if Schwartz moves on, there's a very good chance 2015 will be worse.

As a pragmatic fan who wants to see his team win championships, i've seen nothing being built by our offense-minded coaches that translates to future success.

Who knew using the playoffs as a benchmark for success would be so controversial.

I'm glad we're heading in the right direction, but post season will always be what I'm looking for, guess I'll just have to agree to disagree with you guys.

The defense isn't heading anywhere - they've arrived.

The offense, on the other hand, can't get started until they find a driver that can keep the thing from stalling every few yards. maybe it's because it's such a well oiled, complex machine that it takes a special guy to run it.. or maybe, it's a lemon

Edited by BackInDaDay

The defense isn't heading anywhere - they've arrived.

The offense, on the other hand, can't get started until they find a driver that can keep the thing from stalling every few yards.

Yup, as long as we improve our offense, we'll continue to head in the right direction, and hopefully see success next year.

Of course, this is all assuming we don't make it this year, which I'm still hopeful will happen.