Per Adam Shefter: Bears may have to trade draft pick to get rid of Cut

Tipster19

So Orton is the clear better QB over Cutler because you said so? What do you think an outside poll of non Bills and Bears fans would say? Do you think most commentators and/or experts would say? You feel most would say the Bills downgraded at QB for trading for Jay Cutler - if it were to happen?

He's a better QB only because of his contract -- and the fact he knows who he is. Cutler doesn't care, has never been a winner, despite being given every weapon and opportunity. Cutler is garbage. Orton is too.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a better QB only because of his contract -- and the fact he knows who he is. Cutler doesn't care, has never been a winner, despite being given every weapon and opportunity. Cutler is garbage. Orton is too.

So in a poll given to NFL wide receivers they overwhelmingly say I want Orton throwing to me over Cutler?

So in a poll given to NFL wide receivers they overwhelmingly say I want Orton throwing to me over Cutler?

You're looking at the situation completely wrong. He has 6 years left on a 126 MILLION dollar deal. At no point has he shown the ability to win in the playoffs or even be a leader. He's been given every weapon, and still has done nothing.

You bring him here you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. The cap situation would deteriorate and we wouldn't be able to get the help we need at OG or TE or resign our own stars in D. Is that what you want?

You're looking at the situation completely wrong. He has 6 years left on a 126 MILLION dollar deal. At no point has he shown the ability to win in the playoffs or even be a leader. He's been given every weapon, and still has done nothing.

You bring him here you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. The cap situation would deteriorate and we wouldn't be able to get the help we need at OG or TE or resign our own stars in D. Is that what you want?

No you're wanting to look at the totality of the situation and not the simple fact Cutler is better than Orton. You are denying it and then wanting to bring up contract information, which is valid but has nothing to do with comparing only the QB's skills.

No you're wanting to look at the totality of the situation and not the simple fact Cutler is better than Orton. You are denying it and then wanting to bring up contract information, which is valid but has nothing to do with comparing only the QB's skills.

The totality of the situation is the only thing that matters.

At least if you're trying to win football games. What you're arguing is academic and worthless unless you contextualize it.

Edited by GreggyT

Cutler is better athlete than Orton but he is not a better QB .

The totality of the situation is the only thing that matters.

At least if you're trying to win football games. What you're arguing is academic and worthless unless you contextualize it.

How the hell can anyone contextualize it if you won't admit the basic premise and why would you bother. Why bring up the contract when you simply should just say Orton is better?

Who's the better QB for the Bills is all that matters. And it ain't Cutler.

And whoever you believe that to be is correct. Got it.

You mean it wouldn't be as good of a hypothetical as asking Bills fans who the better QB is?

I was half-kidding, but I think the vast majority of NFL wide receivers would always prefer a QB with a strong arm who likes to throw downfield and deep over a game manager type every time, regardless of who may be "a better quarterback."

How the hell can anyone contextualize it if you won't admit the basic premise and why would you bother. Why bring up the contract when you simply should just say Orton is better?

Context is everything. Life isn't lived in a vacuum and neither are football games. Cutler is AWFUL. If you need proof, remember Jimmy !@#$ing Clausen is starting over him now. I'm sorry if thinking is too tough for you, but it's a big boy world.

I was half-kidding, but I think the vast majority of NFL wide receivers would always prefer a QB with a strong arm who likes to throw downfield and deep over a game manager type every time, regardless of who may be "a better quarterback."

Oh absolutely I was just kidding too. Nothing personal here. Of course it makes sense the WR's would pick Cutler and that's the situation. Does a guy like Cutler give you a better chance to win or a guy like Alex Smith? It's a fun debate, but it certainly is a debate. It's not what Greggy is saying.

Oh absolutely I was just kidding too. Nothing personal here. Of course it makes sense the WR's would pick Cutler and that's the situation. Does a guy like Cutler give you a better chance to win or a guy like Alex Smith? It's a fun debate, but it certainly is a debate. It's not what Greggy is saying.

You wouldn't know what I'm saying if it was spelled out for you. Seriously gom!@#$ yourself.

But Orton can and has thrown it deep he just isnt stupid about it . the fact that you see a "game manager type" as not throwing it deep is pretty much the problem.

The last time both guys were full time starters was 2010

Cutler was 4-14 2tds 1 int in passes over 30 yards

Orton was 8-20 4 tds 0 ints in passes over 30 yards

The problem is perception people see the 15 year old pictures of Orton drinking and partying and the beard and the tebow garbage and the assumed well Orton wont go deep but he does. They see Cutler and his physical tools ,hot wife and they get a woody but mentally he has never been able to put it together .

I think the explanation of this was when someone said that Orton wont make catastrophic mistake that kills you so you can game plan and win with him while Cutler is prone to the big mistake so its much harder game plan around those mistakes .