Booze calculator

Beerball

It won't let me choose North Korea.

But, I don't know how much a pint is off of the top of my head, so I put that and it turns out I drink as much as the people in the Solomon Islands.

Just playing with this calculator is crazy to see how much places like Portugal drinks. 5 pts of beer, 9 glasses of wine and 2 shots?! Romania, 8 pts of beer, 9 glasses of wine and 3 shots? I put 9 glasses of wind and ended up equally Charlton, NY.

Saw this on BBC America news this morning. When ever I see stuff like this, I start asking questions. These immediately popped into my head:

How do they calculate the average consumption of those countries? Do they count minors, or only those if drinking age? Do they count non-drinkers? Pregnant women? How did they get those measurements anyway?

This would be FAR more valuable as a tool (and not just a novelty) if they gave a bit more info on the methodology.

I would think a comparison of the average DRINKER would be the most appropriate measurement, as non-drinkers are really irrelevant to the comparison. Plus you have countries where drinking is illegal or taboo, so a Muslim country (for example) would have far more non-drinkers--but their drinkers may consume far more than the average drinker somewhere else (hypothetically).

Might be nice to see more data than "average" but now I'm asking for too much, right?

With that said, Moldova, 2nd heaviest in the world.

Edited by The Dean

Guess I blew up the calculator. This is what I got.

Your drinking habits are unlike the average from any country.

LOL. Same here, and I got this:

But your closest match on overall consumption alone is Belarus, the heaviest-drinking country in the world.

It won't let me choose North Korea.

But, I don't know how much a pint is off of the top of my head, so I put that and it turns out I drink as much as the people in the Solomon Islands.

Just playing with this calculator is crazy to see how much places like Portugal drinks. 5 pts of beer, 9 glasses of wine and 2 shots?! Romania, 8 pts of beer, 9 glasses of wine and 3 shots? I put 9 glasses of wind and ended up equally Charlton, NY.

Well in my drinking measurements a pint is a very, very, very small pour.