Ryans Last Stand

rumblefish

The title made me thing of Ryan Fitzpatrick and his broken leg.

Rex was dealt a bad hand. I'm not sure he is such a bad coach. I think he is the victim of a HORRIBLE GM. And his QB situation makes ours seem pretty good in comparison.

However, if I was in charge of the Jets, it would be time for a clean sweep.

I kind of hope Rex lands on his feet as a DC somewhere. I just hope the Bills aren't in the market for one. But... he might like the idea of sticking it to the Jets twice a year. OTOH, he might be sick and tired of having the Hoodie eat his lunch.

I never got the impression that Ryan knew much about the offensive side of the ball. It's easy to blame the GM, but that same GM apparently got him some pretty good defensive players. I think it's more likely that Ryan knows how to get top play from his defense but not the offense. DC is probably his best destiny.

Edited by vincec

I can't believe it, but I feel bad for Rex. It was fun in the first two years seeing him stand up to Belicheck unapologetic and telling the media he won't kiss the rings. That takes cahones.

I wish him well as he won't have the mic as a DC so he can turn some weak defense with mgmt help with good draft picks turn another defense around.

Indy would be a great place as they have Luck. He could get that team going. I heard Atlanta, but Smithnis toast after this year so they'll get blown up. Indy could be great with Rex as the DC.

I never got the impression that Ryan knew much about the offensive side of the ball. It's easy to blame the GM, but that same GM apparently got him some pretty good defensive players. I think it's more likely that Ryan knows how to get top play from his defense but not the offense. DC is probably his best destiny.

He is his father's son.

I never got the impression that Ryan knew much about the offensive side of the ball.

Based on what? The Jets got the most out of their talent when they actually had some. That team has been run into the ground by the front office, especially on the offensive side of the football. The good skill guys are gone, they have nothing at QB, their best OLinemen are getting on in age and the young guys aren't exactly of pedigree. Not exactly the recipe for success.

I'd take Ryan over Marrone in a heartbeat.

Based on what? The Jets got the most out of their talent when they actually had some. That team has been run into the ground by the front office, especially on the offensive side of the football. The good skill guys are gone, they have nothing at QB, their best OLinemen are getting on in age and the young guys aren't exactly of pedigree. Not exactly the recipe for success.

I'd take Ryan over Marrone in a heartbeat.

the only piece Marrone has on offense that is clearly better than what Rex has is Watkins. He has kicked his arse 3 straight games to the point where the Jets were non competitive.

Rex was fun to listen to but his inability to hire any good offensive coaches and thinking Tiny Sporano was a good option for OC is why he is getting fired.

People B word about Hackett imagine having Moreninwhig, shorty jr, Sporano, running this offense and wasting a great defense

Besides his first two years with Manginis players, what exactly did he do?

He is his father's son.

Agreed. Great DC, terrible HC. I have a feeling Rob won't be any better at the HC job, should he get a chance.

Anyone as arrogant as Rex shouldn't have excuses made for them And looking at some of the guys here defending Rex, I have to chuckle. Some of these posters have never given a Bills HC the benefit of the doubt, no matter what the circumstances.

the only piece Marrone has on offense that is clearly better than what Rex has is Watkins. He has kicked his arse 3 straight games to the point where the Jets were non competitive.

And Watkins has played most of the season injured.

There is this QB position too. I think it matters a lot.