TNF: Titans at Jaguars - 8:25 PM EST on NFL Network

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

every team has to make a TNF appearance. I also believe it shall be an in conference game.

sooner or later they have to play.

not only are they in-conference games, this year they were all in-division games which I think is crap. TNF is the toughest game if the year to prepare for and the road team is at an extreme disadvantage. Teams seem to always look their worst on TNF. If they have to play games on a Thursday they should try to schedule them after a bye week or at least make it an AFC-NFC game. Making it a division game is ridiculous.

Whitehurst > Orton

i knew this would be here somewhere

Whitehurst is seeing some of his first action of the year. Remember how good Orton looked in his first game or two?

Let's see how Whitehurst looks after he gets dinged up, tired, and gun shy. (With only one more game this year, that may not happen, but you know what I mean.)

they are ranked 28th in total D and give up 26.9 pts per game.

Otherwise they are great.

How many Bortles pick sixes and turnovers contributed to the points against?

I believe defensive ppg is just that. Not points off offensive turnovers. 28th in yards, 29th PPG, but only 21st against the pass.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Otherwise they are great.

I believe defensive ppg is just that. Not points of offensive turnovers.

When they tabulate points against they don't separate out points surrendered by the offense. You have to look that up. Bortles and the Jags offense doesn't give their defense much help.

When they tabulate points against they don't separate out points surrendered by the offense. You have to look that up. Bortles and the Jags offense doesn't give their defense much help.

Sorry, points off offensive turnovers do not count in defensive stats.

Sorry, points off offensive turnovers do not count in defensive stats.

Yes they do. 376 points/14 games = 26.9 points per game. All points against are tabulated in those numbers. Even those scored when the offense or special teams are on the field.

Do you really think it's going to be enough that you can justify calling such a low-ranked defense "stout"?

Okay. Maybe stout is too strong. But they're not that bad. The offense is the worst in the league and the defense gets worn out in too many games.