(OT) NHL season will be cancelled

Like A Mofo

Bye Bye NHL

2/3/2005

The big guns are back at the bargaining table today, as NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and NHLPA executive director Bob Goodenow meet face-to-face for the first time since Dec. 9.

Sources indicate the meeting began around 1:30pm et at an undisclosed location in New York.

Adding to the suspense is an ESPN report that an unidentified team owner has said the league will announce a cancellation of the season either Thursday or Friday. The owner reportedly indicated the announcement could come following Thursday's negotiating session.

Bye Bye NHL

2/3/2005

The big guns are back at the bargaining table today, as NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and NHLPA executive director Bob Goodenow meet face-to-face for the first time since Dec. 9.

Sources indicate the meeting began around 1:30pm et at an undisclosed location in New York.

Adding to the suspense is an ESPN report that an unidentified team owner has said the league will announce a cancellation of the season either Thursday or Friday.  The owner reportedly indicated the announcement could come following Thursday's negotiating session.

227476[/snapback]

Told ya.

not to harp, but friday is only 24 hours away...

i'm pissed off about this, but the reality of it is, the longer this goes, the better off long term hockey will be. Hockey is a niche sport, with hardcore fans. Unlike baseball or basketball, the fans will be back. I really do wish that there was a sabres/leafs game tomorrow, but there's not. I'm willing to wait.

not to harp, but friday is only 24 hours away...

i'm pissed off about this, but the reality of it is, the longer this goes, the better off long term hockey will be.  Hockey is a niche sport, with hardcore fans.  Unlike baseball or basketball, the fans will be back.  I really do wish that there was a sabres/leafs game tomorrow, but there's not.  I'm willing to wait.

227484[/snapback]

Dont $ucker yourself....for what? Those players and owners dont deserve it.

The entire league is a joke.

I'm not an NHL fan but I feel for you. Especially this time of year if you use that as a bridge.

I don't understand how a sport that isn't even that popular in the realm of things can afford to do this to itself. Look how long it took baseball to recover.