Philip Rivers might not play Saturday night

17 Josh Allen

He's a tough dude. He'll play.

A good chance they beat him anyway. The problem is the AFC North with an easier schedule for the Ravens, and we need someone to lose in the other two.

Bottom line is we have to beat NE after Oakland. Not as easy as it sounds as NE probably will be competing with Denver for #1 seed. They are tough on both sides of the ball, and Brady gets rid of it faster than Rodgers. Rodgers uses his feet in the pocket, but we had an answer with Kyle and Marcel. It would be great to beat them in their house in week 17 even if we don't make the playoffs at 10-6.

He played on a torn ACL in the afc championship game, this is fiesty Phil rivers were talking about, he's a bolo tie wearin sumbitch and he's playing.

I didn't remember that, but wow, that is impressive. I can't believe he could shuffle around in an NFL game without it buckling and causing further damage. Just dropping back in the pocket uses a lot of lateral movement. He must have been wearing one hell of a brace.

I didn't remember that, but wow, that is impressive. I can't believe he could shuffle around in an NFL game without it buckling and causing further damage. Just dropping back in the pocket uses a lot of lateral movement. He must have been wearing one hell of a brace.

i think he hurt it during the game if I recall correctly and just kept going. I remember there was a big dust up over the fact that Tomlinson didn't play hurt that same game.

i think he hurt it during the game if I recall correctly and just kept going. I remember there was a big dust up over the fact that Tomlinson didn't play hurt that same game.

No, I looked it up, it was the week before. He then had some arthroscopic surgery during the week to "clean it up" a little and then played the Conference Championship with the injury. Balls out.

If it were during the same game it would actually be a lot easier to keep going. From my experience, that injury doesn't really hurt that much until the next day. That's when the swelling really sets in and the pain is excruciating. The day it happens it hurts a little bit and feels a bit weird / unsteady, but not nearly as bad as what is coming down the line.

Edited by Mark80

No, I looked it up, it was the week before. He then had some arthroscopic surgery during the week to "clean it up" a little and then played the Conference Championship with the injury. Balls out.

If it were during the same game it would actually be a lot easier to keep going. From my experience, that injury doesn't really hurt that much until the next day. That's when the swelling really sets in and the pain is excruciating. The day it happens it hurts a little bit and feels a bit weird / unsteady, but not nearly as bad as what is coming down the line.

wow!!

Report: Philip Rivers has significant back injury

For several weeks, questions have swirled regarding whether and to what extent Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers is playing with injuries. He could be playing with an injury that is bad enough that perhaps he shouldn’t be playing.

The Chargers recently acknowledged that Rivers has a back injury. He missed practice Tuesday and Wednesday, critical sessions before a Saturday game against the 49ers, due to the injury.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the back injury is “more severe than the team has acknowledged.”

It was actually the week before against the Colts. Billy "I dont want to be a starter" Volek finished the game and beat Peyton Manning in Indy. Rivers had surgery to "stabilize" it and played the next week with what I remember as a huge brace