Pick your poison. Rice/Spiller

boyst

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather have

• CJ Spiller: 4 years, $4.5mm/year + $2mm bonus = $20mm
    • Ray Rice: 2 years, $1mm/year + $1mm incentive = $3mm
    • 100% would not do either due to their inability to contribute. (nothing to do with Rice's off field incident)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also slightly odd that bills fans best know a guy that is averaging 5 ypc for his career as getting 1 yard gains

It really is odd. I had been thinking about adding Rice to our roster since Clayton said it could happen. I weighed it to the hatred of Spiller.

This poll is simply fascinating because I measured two extreme sentiments and gave a disqualifer to both. Spiller and Rice are both very polarizing. The results of this poll and what has been said serve as more of an indication to how we respect Spiller then anything. Basically, 23 people are saying they do not want Spiller on their team and 28 people are saying that even at a price that is considered steep they want him.

With Dixon, Brown and Jackson already set to return to the Bills next year, would we better off adding Rice cheap or spending big on Spiller? Rice now can let us address RB in 2016 instead of handcuffing us to Spiller for 4 years.

Convince me I am completely off base about letting Spiller go and bringing Rice in? Of course, I could change my opinion over the next two weeks if Spiller lights it up.

Rice is pond scum, not worthy of a plug nickel.

Rice is pond scum, not worthy of a plug nickel.

So you don't want Rice based on off the field. But do you want Spiller at all? Take away off the field and go by on the field. Do you value Rice more then Spiller at the prices listed?

I said neither. I think the money spent on CJ would be better spent elsewhere on the team.

That being said, the Bills need to look at RB in 2015. Fred can't play forever (He looks slow to me this year) and I'm not sure the Bryce/Boobie tandem is a long term answer.

I think this team has missed Spiller more than we thought it would, and more than we realize it does. He has that big play ability that can really make a difference considering a lot of games come down to 1 or 2 plays. Even if he only made 1 play throughout that time, maybe 1 big play in the KC game, and we hold on to win, and are now in the playoffs...

He's already been making $3-5mil/year, and the cap is constantly going up. I wouldnt have any problem with bringing him back at the numbers proposed in this thread.

Ray Rice = MJD aka over.

I'm still a CJ supporter, but hope to get him a little cheaper than 5M a year

mjd -- 29 year old with 1847 carries and 2287 total touches

RR -- 27 year old with 1430 carries and 1806 total touches

possible he hit the wall, but it may be early to say its the same spot in their career

mjd -- 29 year old with 1847 carries and 2287 total touches

RR -- 27 year old with 1430 carries and 1806 total touches

possible he hit the wall, but it may be early to say its the same spot in their career

If Chris johnson hit the wall like many said he did a few years ago his 600+ yards this season are impressive. Rice hitting the wall or not, there isn't little reason to believe he couldn't add 500 yards in spot duty for a team similar to johnson. At this price he would be as cheap as not other options

If Chris johnson hit the wall like many said he did a few years ago his 600+ yards this season are impressive. Rice hitting the wall or not, there isn't little reason to believe he couldn't add 500 yards in spot duty for a team similar to johnson. At this price he would be as cheap as not other options

i generally agree.

i dont like the guys actions, but from a purely practical level on the field - he could likely fit a role for us, even if its largely diminished from his previous workhorse status. if at a league minimum price it would likely be an acceptable value.

do i want him? meh.

We all know why you are questioning CJ's vision.

Yet Gailey got over 1,000 yards at 6 yards per carry from Spiller. If Gailey was smart enough to figure out how to use Spiller correctly, why aren't Marrone and Hackett?

But since Marrone and Hackett probably won't be any smarter next year than this, maybe it is best to cut Spiller loose.

Spiller had a single (relatively) great season and everything since then has been because his play callers "don't know how to use him"?

The NFL is littered with RBs who had single outstanding seasons and then faded away. Remember Doug MArtin? Mike Turner? Maurice Jones-Drew? CJ"2K"?

Spiller had a single (relatively) great season and everything since then has been because his play callers "don't know how to use him"?

The NFL is littered with RBs who had single outstanding seasons and then faded away. Remember Doug MArtin? Mike Turner? Maurice Jones-Drew? CJ"2K"?

some of those are much better examples than others.

But since Marrone and Hackett probably won't be any smarter next year than this, maybe it is best to cut Spiller loose.

I'm with hondo. If Hackett is back next year, then don't sign Spiller. Why bother?

If Hakett's gone, re sign him.

If you can't use Spiller in you system, you got a dumb system. Not too much doubt about the intelligence of our system.