Which was worse? Anchorman 2 or Hangover 2

Maury Ballstein

Anchorman 2 no question. Both were not good.

The new one is not as bad, but absolutely terrible none the less.

seriously how does Ferrell and the powers that be let that thing hit the public. huge fail for all the comedy writers involved.

guess Zoolander 2 is gonna have to show these fools how to do it.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Loved Anchorman. Was almost angry at how bad Anchorman 2 was.

I expected that from Hangover 2, so I wasn't as disappointed.

22 Jump Street was just as terrible too. The first one was just good fun, the second one was outrageous and stupid.

Anchorman 2 was the sequel to Anchorman. As a Will Ferrell movie, that automatically makes it one of the lamest pieces of stojan imaginable.

Hangover 2 may have been just average, but at least you could watch it and recall how funny the original was.

p.s. You all forgot The Sting 2, which sets the record for the widest gap between how good the original was and how bad the sequel.

Edited by KD in CT

I thought Anchorman (the first one) sucked. Couldn't even get through it.

As far as crappy comedy sequels go, "Meatballs II" has to be up there for the pure crap award.

i always liked it more than the original. But it was also more my time of growing up.

You mean, "getting older," right? :w00t:

As far as crappy comedy sequels go, "Meatballs II" has to be up there for the pure crap award.

Ditto on Anchorman. Movie was so hyped up to me, had to turn it off about 30 minutes in. Another HUGE dissapointment was Wedding Crashers - so hyped up, turned off after an hour and was watching re-runs of Pawn Stars.

Anything with Will Ferrell in it is worse by default.

I thought I was the only one who thought that way. The only time I really enjoyed Ferrell was the part he played in "East Bound and Down"

Loved Anchorman. Was almost angry at how bad Anchorman 2 was.

I expected that from Hangover 2, so I wasn't as disappointed.

22 Jump Street was just as terrible too. The first one was just good fun, the second one was outrageous and stupid.

Damn I really like 22 Jump Street and I'm usually hard to please with comedies.

well done sir. Well done.

Another HUGE dissapointment was Wedding Crashers - so hyped up, turned off after an hour and was watching re-runs of Pawn Stars.

Good call there. Funny as hell for about 30 minutes, pretty weak for the next hour, and embarrassingly bad by the time they got to the Will Ferrell cameo.