Would you trade our 2016 1st rd pick for Drew Brees?

Tipster19

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have watched most of the games for the past number of years you realize how special he is. When ranking him the issue isn't whether he is all-pro or not it is whether he is in the top five qbs in the modern era. His accuracy is impeccable. But what makes him special is his ability to make quick reads and almost instantly go through his progressions. The qb I compare him to who was able to do it at such a fast pace and respond with precise passing is Kurt Warner. Warner did not have the extended elite career but during his prime he was as good a qb as any, including Peyton and Brady.

Would I give up a first round pick for him? Absolutely. Normally I would be hesitant to use a high draft pick on an elite qb who is in the declining stage of his career. But even if he was on a downward trajectory he would still be a very good qb with a team that now has a great defense. In this era of playover turnover due to the cap and contract system I would have no problem of going for the gold.

When you get a Brees you get someone who is a training fanatic. He is the opposite of Orton who did no training while contemplating retiring. The Bills traded away a first pick to move up four spots to select Watkins. The selection of that elite receiver has been wasted because the qb is a flaccid player who can't get him the ball. With a Brees type qb playing behind a below average line its performance is instantly elevated because he quickly gets rid of the ball and he smartly and instincly moves around in the pocket to avoid the pressure and keep the play alive. The running game is improved because the defense can't stack the line because a credible passing game exists. A Brees type qb, even a diminished Brees, elevates every aspect of our offense. Compare that to Orton who diminishes every aspect of the offense because of his gross ineptitude.

After watching the putrid play of Orton I would do anything to acquire a respectable qb. Brees at the tail end of his career, even at a diminished state, would still be a breath of fresh air and give the battered fan base an opportunity to watch football games with a pro .level of offensive play.

I'll repeat it again and again if Orton is brought back to start next season the front office en masse should be fired for malfeasance. This season with its realistic playoff hopes has been squandered because the organization wasn't capable of finding a below average starting qb to match its terrific defense. What a shame!

What a great Insight and I haven't even read the last 2 pages of this thread yet! Job well done sir!

We have an elite defense that by the time any QB develops they will be long gone.

The Saints are crumbling and may be willing to trade Brees so they can rebuild and given his age he probably only has a few yrs left which is all we need to contend for the Superbowl.

I really hate hate trading 1st round picks but considering how many are busts anyway, I'd rather have a proven commodity that can take us all the way, than a "we-hope-so" rookie.

I would trade our 2nd this year, 1st pick in the 2016 and 2017 to get him.

And by the time he retires we can rebuild when we get 1st rd picks again.

We also need to get better Olinemen for the running game and TE for Brees and we would have serious shot at a Superbowl.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

We have an elite defense that by the time any QB develops they will be long gone.

The Saints are crumbling and may be willing to trade Brees so they can rebuild and given his age he probably only has a few yrs left which is all we need to contend for the Superbowl.

I really hate hate trading 1st round picks but considering how many are busts anyway, I'd rather have a proven commodity that can take us all the way, than a "we-hope-so" rookie.

I would trade our 2nd this year, 1st pick in the 2016 and 2017 to get him.

And by the time he retires we can rebuild when we get 1st rd picks again.

We also need to get better Olinemen for the running game and TE for Brees and we would have serious shot at a Superbowl.

id be for that.

Trade away this years 2nd and the next two 1sts for Brees.

Pick up the best TE in FA and best LG to go with it.

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!