List of NFL QB's by College Conference

boyst

Please, let me know if I missed anyone.

14 - ACC: Manuel, Schaub, Rivers, Ryan. Hill. Glennon, Vick, Hasselbeck, Lewis, Bridgewater, Yates, Whitehurst, Taylor, Nassib

11- PAC 12: Luck, Locker, Foles, Rodgers, Palmer, Cassel, Sanchez, Moore, Osweiler, Clemens, Anderson

10 - B10: Brady, Hoyer, Henne, Brees, Wilson, Wilson, Stanton, Orton, Cousins, Painter

10 - SEC: Manning, Manning, Cutler, Stafford, Newton, Daniel, Gabbert, Manziel , Campbell

5 - B12: Smith, Griffin, Bradford, Tannehill, Weeden

3 - MW: Smith, Dalton, Carr

2 - MAC: Big Ben, Gradkowski.

2 - CUSA: McCown, Keenum

2 - WAC: Kaep, Anderson

2 - AAC: Bortles, Orlovsky

2 - Ohio Val: Romo. Garoppolo

1 - SWC: Mallet

1 - SWAC: T Jackson.

1 - CAA: Flacco.

1 - Ivy: Fitz.

It's food for thought, if I missed anyone, let me know and I (or mod) can edit it. The subject came up in the Shoutbox so I took a few minutes to look it up. We had shared a few thoughts on why some conferences make good QB's, as well.

Edited by jboyst62

I was trying to figure out if there is any correlation between college conference and quarterback success in the NFL. However, it seems every conference has produced some good ones, and some not so great. Interesting list nonetheless. Also Jason Campbell played college ball at Auburn, so he can be placed with the SEC QB's, and Tavaris Jackson played for Alabama State in the SWAC.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I think Gabbert came out when Mizzou was still in the Big 12, no?

Mallet played at Arkansas

That would be correct about Gabbert. However, I noticed that the poster used the current conference for the teams that QB's played on, and not the conference the team was in when the QB was in school. There are a lot of guys on the list that played before a lot of the realignment began. Ex. No Big East conference is listed although when several of the QBs played they were in the Big East. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

That would be correct about Gabbert. However, I noticed that the poster used the current conference for the teams that QB's played on, and not the conference the team was in when the QB was in school. There are a lot of guys on the list that played before a lot of the realignment began. Ex. No Big East conference is listed although when several of the QBs played they were in the Big East.

It would have been twice times the effort to go back and confirm the previous schools.

I felt using the current lineup enough of a point was made without using previous conference alignments.

I thought Garopolo went to the same school as Romo

he did. added.

That would be correct about Gabbert. However, I noticed that the poster used the current conference for the teams that QB's played on, and not the conference the team was in when the QB was in school. There are a lot of guys on the list that played before a lot of the realignment began. Ex. No Big East conference is listed although when several of the QBs played they were in the Big East.

sure. But Mallett played in the SEC. So he should be in that group.

I guess the question is now who do the Bills go after this off-season

#1 Ryan Mallett

#2 Matt Moore

#3 Keep Orton

I would prefer Mallett or Moore over Orton any day. I guess if it was up to me I'd take Moore. Moore is a polished veteren with a nice arm. He's also a fiery tough guy with balls. Yea I said it Balls. We haven't had that in a while at the QB position. MM wouldn't cost much either and is still young at 31yrs of age. If we had to sign a guy it would be him. If we can trade I wouldn't mind Foles, RG3 or Bradford if they were available. Please stay away from Jay Cutler he is horrible to costly cap wise and has zero leadership skills.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers