Report: Fish likely to fire Philbin

YoloinOhio

When the team changes general managers they usually want people under them that is of their choosing.

2012 Philbin 7-9 split with Patriots

2013 Philbin 8-8 split with Patriots

2014 Philbin currently 7-7 (split with Patriots) with games against the Vikings & Jets at Miami.

That said, I gotta believe that the owners think that they only way to be successful in the AFC East is to beat Bill Belchick consistently. Whats crazy is the Dolphins have a ton of players on IR this year

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i really cannot believe this. philbin has done as good of a job as possible with all that has been wrong in Miami. this will set tannehill back another year in his development and i actually think he is on his way to becoming a capably successful qb in this league.

philbin getting fired makes me think there is more to what is going on behind the scenes and in the office then what is going on with on the field.

The Dolphins and Philbin are terribly overrated in your eyes. He's milquetoast, and the Dolphins are soft because of it.

Trestman school of OCing.

PassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassRunfor6yardsPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPassPass

IJS, look what Trestman has done working with QBs like Kosar, Scott Mitchell, Rich Gannon and Cutler last year. Wonder what he can do with EJ Manuel/Kyle Orton?

What do u want? Ground chuck or Martyball?

IJS, look what Trestman has done working with QBs like Kosar, Scott Mitchell, Rich Gannon and Cutler last year. Wonder what he can do with EJ Manuel/Kyle Orton?

Any playcaller who refuses to use Forte has a problem. We don't have the QB WR talent that Chicago does.

i really cannot believe this. philbin has done as good of a job as possible with all that has been wrong in Miami. this will set tannehill back another year in his development and i actually think he is on his way to becoming a capably successful qb in this league.

philbin getting fired makes me think there is more to what is going on behind the scenes and in the office then what is going on with on the field.

Yes I agree. I think Miami is turning a corner and is going to be a challenge for the Bills to beat again from here on out. I hope they fire him so that they set themselves back for a year or so. I think they are nuts if they do it, but go ahead Miami.

Yes I agree. I think Miami is turning a corner and is going to be a challenge for the Bills to beat again from here on out. I hope they fire him so that they set themselves back for a year or so. I think they are nuts if they do it, but go ahead Miami.

They're soft. So soft. They haven't turned a corner and Philbin is part of the reason. The guy gets nervous when the wind blows too hard.

I remember hearing similar quotes about Schwartz on the defensive side

Former HC';s often make excellent OC's and DC's....because it is their work in those positions that got the HC gig

Schwartz had a long history as successful DC. I don't recall a lot of people worried about him improving the defense against the run. They were concerned the pass rush would disappear. Different problems. The problems that Philbin has in Miami and the *same* ones that Buffalo has...

Ya might consider Philbin as soft, and yet his teams have beaten the Patriots once every year he has been HC. How many games has Marrone won against Belichick?

Philbin was hindered by the moron of a GM in Jeff Ireland, and they fired him last year to our dismay. This season the Dolphins lost their starting RB early, and their starting LT.

Besides, this is a new OC for who has no prior experience at OC. So, this can't be easy for Tallywhacker. Still, it was their defense that let them down more the last two games IMO. Looks like Philbin is training his assistants as he goes.

Objective reality considers Philbin soft. He's terrible. And so are the fins.

Dude they just made the Bills look stupid a month ago. And they actually do beat the Patriots sometimes. If you have to be "soft" to beat the Patriots, sign up our coaching staff for some softness training.

Dude they just made the Bills look stupid a month ago. And they actually do beat the Patriots sometimes. If you have to be "soft" to beat the Patriots, sign up our coaching staff for some softness training.

It's a false correlation being made. Being able to win occasionally has nothing to do with being tough or soft. A broken clock is right twice a day. Philbin is garbage and his team reflects that.

Edited by GreggyT

Dude this is a good thing for Bfalo.

Firing Philbin is stupid!!!

It will set back not only Tannahill, but the whole organization.

i love it.

Fire his ass!

It's a false correlation being made. Being able to win occasionally has nothing to do with being tough or soft. A broken clock is right twice a day. Philbin is garbage and his team reflects that.

Against the Patriots? Dude....come on...

Bills could give Bicarri Rambo an assault rifle with extra clips to take into the game against the Patriots and the Bills could still end up losing.

Against the Patriots? Dude....come on...

Bills could give Bicarri Rambo an assault rifle with extra clips to take into the game against the Patriots and the Bills could still end up losing.

The *pats having the Bills number has nothing to do with whether or not Philbin is a good coach. If the Bills were the measuring stick in the NFL the league would be terrible.