Manziel and Cleveland is a lesson to be learned

PromoTheRobot

Mostly I rail at posters who fall in love with hype and then vanish when their pretty boys get exposed. I'm sure Browns fans, much like Bills fans, felt Hoyer was the worst QB in the world and anything would be better. Well things can ALWAYS be worse.

He wasn't worse.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Pettine was forced to play Johnny by the owner. Sound familiar anyone - Ralph telling Wade to start Rob Johnson over Flutie in wild card game.

I'm sure Pettine was forced to play Johnny by Brian Hoyer.

GO BILLS!!!

Cleveland was 4-12 in 2013, made big changes, and will win at least 3 more games in 2014 with Brian stinking Hoyer (he formerly with New England) starting most of those games. And without their top WR for the first 10 games of the season and losing Alex Mack.

I think most Bills fans are jealous because Buffalo won a big game at home and Cleveland's Heisman trophy winning QB gets more attention in a blowout loss. I don't feel sorry for Pettine at all. He'll probably right that ship.

your jealousy comment is very odd to me. The Bills are getting a ton of attention. Actually the national media has laid low on JFF after yesterday.

Yes. Last 3 games, 0 TD's, 7 INT's.

Last game against Indy. 13-30 for 136 yards. 2 picks.

http://espn.go.com/n...477/brian-hoyer

Hoyer blows and they were done. Their playoff dreams were dashed.

I checked the stats. It's splitting hairs but Hoyer never played a game as bad as Johnny just did. Very close though.

Cleveland needed to give him a shot either way. Hoyer is definitely not the guy.

He wasn't? Hoyer beat the bengals in Cinci by 20 earlier this year

Manziel led an offense that got over 100 yards after a 9 yard pass on the last play of the game at home.

Have you seen Hoyer play the last 3 weeks? He's looked like he's trying to throw the games.

This is like the RG3 thing...(or for the old-timers, the Trent Dilfer thing...anybody remember Kiper's rant on not taking Dilfer?)

...there are people who got caught up in the hype of a QB, rather than remainng objective...

...and now it's "hold the Manziel fort at all costs". Every post, every thread, every time anybody says anything about Manziel, you can expect the cannons at Ft. Manziel to fire. :lol::rolleyes:

Btw, what's the status of Ft. RG3? Answer: It's a cardboard box, a coleman stove, and this dude named Steve who rocks back and forth and mutters "drafting Kirk Cousins just p-p-p-proves this whole thing is a good idea".

Despite your colorful and elaborate euphemisms, your point remains as murky as the cold Lake Erie waters

I checked the stats. It's splitting hairs but Hoyer never played a game as bad as Johnny just did. Very close though.

Cleveland needed to give him a shot either way. Hoyer is definitely not the guy.

More damning is that Clevelamd jumped out to an early lead against Indy, and Hoyer still screwed it all up.

Have you seen Hoyer play the last 3 weeks? He's looked like he's trying to throw the games.

I'm not disputing hoyer sucking. He deserved to be benched, but don't act like Manziel didn't lay an absolute egg

Hoyer never turned the wrong way on handoffs, shows he doesn't know the playbook. That was echoed after his game here when receivers were correcting the play calls for him in the huddle.

As a first round pick, to me thats unforgivable.

Fans, media, everyone wanted Johnny Football to start. They had to beat Cincy to keep playoff hopes alive! Manziel looked awesome on the one drive against Buffalo. Hoyer sucked. How much worse could JFF be?

About as bad as bad could be. And now Cleveland's season is over. I feel bad for Pettine.

Damn I thought you were going to address the real truth that Johnny football will never be a quality NFL Starter.

I'm not disputing hoyer sucking. He deserved to be benched, but don't act like Manziel didn't lay an absolute egg

Hoyer never turned the wrong way on handoffs, shows he doesn't know the playbook. That was echoed after his game here when receivers were correcting the play calls for him in the huddle.

As a first round pick, to me thats unforgivable.

I don't want to get off topic here. PTR is trying to make his, "the fans are always wrong and are the reasons for teams sucking," argument, and I gotta stay on point.

It was one game.

Yes he looked bad, but I still think he's going to be a good player in this league.

I'll give you that. He might be great one day...but his style of QB-play is rapidly falling out of favor in the NFL. Defenses are just too good.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Damn I thought you were going to address the real truth that Johnny football will never be a quality NFL Starter.

I'll go out on a limb and agree with you.

I don't want to get off topic here. PTR is trying to make his, "the fans are always wrong and are the reasons for teams sucking," argument, and I gotta stay on point.

My point is more that fans (and media) are easily fooled by hype.

It was JP-esque

Johnny Dollar sign has a lot of work to do

Maybe this will be a wake up call to the kid to realize that. He has the talent, clearly. Lets see if he has the ethic, character and poise to transcend to the next level. The next level being the 3rd floor basement, just above the 4th floor basement, also known as Complete Suck.

Please look at Hoyers last 3 and get back to me.

HOYER:

ATL - 23-40/322 0 tds/3 ints 52.3 QBR

BUF- 18-30/192 0 tds/2 ints 51.0 QBR

IND - 13-30/136 0 tds/2 ints 29.3 QBR

MANZIEL:

CIN - 10-18/80 0 tds/2 ints 27.3 QBR

As bad as Hoyer was against Indy, Johnny Football, incredibly, was worse.

Despite your colorful and elaborate euphemisms, your point remains as murky as the cold Lake Erie waters

OK...

Dumb people say RG3 good cause they dumb. Dey don't think. Dey just say what they hear people on TV say, cause they want to be smart like the people on TV.

But they not smart. They dumb. Same dumb people say Johnny Football good. Same dumb thing.

Then, dumb people get angry when what they say don't happen. They call other people dumb, but they are the dumb ones.

How's that?

Edited by OCinBuffalo