Peter King Recognizes Rambo & Thigpen as Players of the Week

26CornerBlitz

Brian Dawkins helped Bacarri Rambo

dawkins.jpg?w=580&h=290

After his sudden release from the Washington Redskins, Bacarri Rambo turned to a savvy NFL veteran to hone his craft while unemployed.

“I was working out with Brian Dawkins,” said Rambo. “He was teaching me things, and giving me tips and advice to help me play faster once I got my chance.”

A member of the NFL 2000s All-Decade team and a nine-time Pro Bowler, Dawkins was persistent in pushing Rambo to make plays. Especially after the Redskins informed Rambo that he was cut because he wasn’t involved enough on defense and was not participating on special teams.

“And he stayed in my grill,” added Rambo on Dawkins’ efforts. ” ‘Once you get your chance just go all out.’ “

I like to think I follow the Bills relatively closely, but I have to admit. This is 2 games in 3 weeks where I had to ask who the hell is that guy. First it was #48 aka Big Sammy. And this week it was #30 Rambo. I knew we had picked them both up, but to see them make a play threw me off. I can't remember a season when it has happened once, let alone twice. Anyone else have this happen, or do I just need to step up my game?

I like to think I follow the Bills relatively closely, but I have to admit. This is 2 games in 3 weeks where I had to ask who the hell is that guy. First it was #48 aka Big Sammy. And this week it was #30 Rambo. I knew we had picked them both up, but to see them make a play threw me off. I can't remember a season when it has happened once, let alone twice. Anyone else have this happen, or do I just need to step up my game?

You're not alone, but why not step it up anyway. Go Bills!