Where's the thread for the Bills' secondary?

Simon

We seem to see most of the deserved props going to the Bills DLine, Schwarz and his assistants, Doug Whaley, our good young LB's, Doug Marrone, etc.

They do deserve it, but the Bills DB's also deserve their very own thread. They've been really, really good as a unit all year long, but the last couple weeks they've been unf'inbelievable. From racking up more coverage sacks than anybody in the NFL, repeatedly producing key turnovers, helping carry an albatross of an offense to shutting down two first ballot HOF QB's in back to back weeks these guys have been the second best unit on the Buffalo Bills this season. And the only reason they aren't first is because we happen to be carrying the best DLine on the planet.

Much respect to the last line of defense turning itself into a primary impact player for this team.

We seem to see most of the deserved props going to the Bills DLine, Schwarz and his assistants, Doug Whaley, our good young LB's, Doug Marrone, etc.

They do deserve it, but the Bills DB's also deserve their very own thread. They've been really, really good as a unit all year long, but the last couple weeks they've been unf'inbelievable. From racking up more coverage sacks than anybody in the NFL, repeatedly producing key turnovers, helping carry an albatross of an offense to shutting down two first ballot HOF QB's in back to back weeks these guys have been the second best unit on the Buffalo Bills this season. And the only reason they aren't first is because we happen to be carrying the best DLine on the planet.

Much respect to the last line of defense turning itself into a primary impact player for this team.

Stuck like glue to the Packers' receivers today. Kudos to the entire unit with backups playing quite a bit and making plays. Special recognition to Rambo and Ron Brooks.

They were plastered as they NFL players say.

Absolutely. This was Gilmore's best game as a pro in my book. Bad penalty offset a good TFL and Nelson made a good play to stop that would-be-pick 6, but he was challanged and made big plays. But literally everyone in the secondary was on top of their game (although none of us want to talk about that should-be-TD to Jordy).

Most games the pass rush gets the glory, the past two weeks it was the secondary.

Much respect for our secondary. Gilmore is quietly one of the better young cbs in the nfl. Aaron Williams is one of my favorite bills and definitely a leader. And the depth has been outstanding. We have come a long way from justin Rogers. And how can you not love robey's game?

(although none of us want to talk about that should-be-TD to Jordy).

I think the fired-up Bills defense was looking to score on that set of downs and McCarthy dialed up the perfect call at the perfect moment.

A mighty cheap lesson for a couple guys who played a fantastic game except for 1 split second when they played DB with their balls instead of brains.

ya unreal Rodgers is also willing to take a chance...had nowhere to go with the ball. Down a starting corner, down a starting safety then down the back up safety Whaley picks up Rambo boom. Watching Rambo play as soon as he got out there he was aggressive was not timid at all. Thank you Duke for getting out of the way today. Brooks was out there with Graham and Robey as well as Williams and what a great game from Gilmore.

ya unreal Rodgers is also willing to take a chance...had nowhere to go with the ball. Down a starting corner, down a starting safety then down the back up safety Whaley picks up Rambo boom. Watching Rambo play as soon as he got out there he was aggressive was not timid at all. Thank you Duke for getting out of the way today. Brooks was out there with Graham and Robey as well as Williams and what a great game from Gilmore.

i thought Rodgers looked intimidated. Never seen that from him. Great job, bills secondary!

@ESPNStatsInfo: Via @EliasSports: Buffalo has been a tough place for opposing QBs late in the season. See how bad it's been: http://t.co/pIoR0vuFrm

I said as much in the chat room. It seemed every DB had an important break on the ball (or int) yesterday. Graham, Robey, Duke (before the concussion) and Rambo stepped up big time. Gilmore owned the day, it would have been great if he could have intercepted that one for 6 but Nelson made a great play.

Gilmore owned the day, it would have been great if he could have intercepted that one for 6 but Nelson made a great play.

Credit to Nelson for getting an arm in there but I don't think he was the primary reason that Gilmore didn't take that one the other way. I think it was because Rodgers' throw was so atrocious that it crossed him up. Gilmore is playing that route expecting the ball in a certain place at a certain time and his jump was designed to put him in that spot. But Rodgers smoked that throw and managed to miss his spot by a good two feet to the right, resulting in the ball getting on top of Gilmore and forcing him to adjust to making a catch in his body instead of with his hands.

Ironically, if Rodgers puts that ball where he is supposed to I think Gilmore grabs a clean snatch snatches it cleanly and brings it home.

Credit to Nelson for getting an arm in there but I don't think he was the primary reason that Gilmore didn't take that one the other way. I think it was because Rodgers' throw was so atrocious that it crossed him up. Gilmore is playing that route expecting the ball in a certain place at a certain time and his jump was designed to put him in that spot. But Rodgers smoked that throw and managed to miss his spot by a good two feet to the right, resulting in the ball getting on top of Gilmore and forcing him to adjust to making a catch in his body instead of with his hands.

Ironically, if Rodgers puts that ball where he is supposed to I think Gilmore grabs a clean snatch snatches it cleanly and brings it home.

just uploaded the video