Pegulaville: the new Amsterdam?

PromoTheRobot

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/state/could-legal-pot-sales-be-coming-to-senecas-reservations-20141213

There is a spot of Indian land right next to the FNC and Harborcenter. Can you imagine a few Amsterdam-style cafes downtown? Have dinner, drinks, then "spark up" before a Sabres game?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Actually, BFLO's original "red light" district is right @ canalside. During BFLO's commercial waterfront boom during the 19th century, that's where the low rent seedy side was... And rightly so, that's where business and trade was booming. I mentioned the great BFLO seiche of mid-1800's. That stormed caused death and destruction to BFLO's red light/warf district. The seiche swept people right out of their beds. Where the Aud used to be was under about 10 feet of water from the seiche. That storm spurned the construction of the breakwaters outside BFLO on Lake Erie, creating the outer harbor and inner harbor. Those breakwalls still save BFLO's hide from would be catastrophic seiche events.

So, I guess it is actually like Amsterdam. Except we don't have little Dutch boys sticking fingers in dikes to save the city! ;-) ;-)

Actually, BFLO's original "red light" district is right @ canalside. During BFLO's commercial waterfront boom during the 19th century, that's where the low rent seedy side was... And rightly so, that's where business and trade was booming. I mentioned the great BFLO seiche of mid-1800's. That stormed caused death and destruction to BFLO's red light/warf district. The seiche swept people right out of their beds. Where the Aud used to be was under about 10 feet of water from the seiche. That storm spurned the construction of the breakwaters outside BFLO on Lake Erie, creating the outer harbor and inner harbor. Those breakwalls still save BFLO's hide from would be catastrophic seiche events.

So, I guess it is actually like Amsterdam. Except we don't have little Dutch boys sticking fingers in dikes to save the city! ;-) ;-)

You sure know lot about cheap hookers.

Edited by 4merper4mer

http://www.buffalohistorygazette.net/2010/09/the-lake-erie-seiche-disaster-of-1844.html