New Bills owners’ passionate vision of One Buffalo

QCity

Thanks for the link. It was insightful in demonstrating their committment to the region. They are making high stake investments in their burgeoning sports empire.

It's going to be interesting to find out what their thoughts are regarding a new stadium. Did the Pegulas' have a grand design or a preliminary vision of owning the team and being involved with the buidling of a new facility? If they did then I'm guessing that it will be in the vicinity of their current holdings??

I got a chuckle when Terry Pegula stated that he didn't own a computer. Clearly he is not a tweeter. His kids will have to handle that side of the business.

Edited by JohnC

Thanks for the link. It was insightful in demonstrating their committment to the region. They are making high stake investments in their burgeoning sports empire.

It's going to be interesting to find out what their thoughts are regarding a new stadium. Did the Pegulas' have a grand design or a preliminary vision of owning the team and being involved with the buidling of a new facility? If they did then I'm guessing that it will be in the vicinity of their current holdings??

I got a chuckle when Terry Pegula stated that he didn't own a computer. Clearly he is not a tweeter. His kids will have to handle that side of the business.

The relevant part...

Cliff Benson reached for a sheet of scratch paper, leaned forward and began sketching the resurgent south side of Buffalo’s downtown.

Over here is the waterfront. There, First Niagara Center, where the Sabres play. Here is the HarborCenter, the $172 million complex that the Pegulas opened across from the arena last month, with two hockey rinks, the vast and impressive (716) Food and Sport bar, a Tim Hortons doughnut shop and, soon, a Marriott. There, about a mile and a quarter up the rail line, is a medical campus that has spurred much of the downtown rebirth. Along the way is the Class AAA baseball park, Coca-Cola Field.

And here, snug between the arena and the ballpark …

Here is where Benson stopped drawing, tapping his pen to a blank spot and looking up.

“If the stadium is right here,” said the confidant whom Terry Pegula dispatched to Buffalo to help execute his vision, not so much for the team as for the city, “then you can tie all of that together under the theory that as those assets are developed, other people will come invest.

Edited by TPS

Buffalo got lucky with this man.

Amen to that! Beyond words what this family brings to Buffalo. We have been beaten down due to our sports teams and lack of direction in the city, you have go no farther than this forum to see that feeling resonate in many a post. But the Pegula's bring new life and whole new attitude to our city and sports teams. I have always been proud to be a Buffalonian and now the future is so much brighter. Can't say it enough, thank you Terry and Kim!!!!!

Edited by ricojes

"But we’re going up there to make a difference. We’re not going up there to stand in the owner’s box and look important. That’s not the gig.”

Wow! For a city that definitely doesn't rely on it, Buffalo got lucky with this man.

Don't forget Kim in the equation. She's going to play a pivotal role in their plans for the region.