Stormageddon

Chef Jim

All fine here. I was telling my wife that one day of rain causes all these problems. In WNY you can have weeks of this with very few issues.

Because in WNY you don't get droughts that dry out the brush, so you don't get rampant wildfires denuding the hillsides of whatever that clay-ey **** you have as an excuse for soil, so you don't get mudslides when it rains in WNY.

I don't know why anyone would live in CA, with the weather you get.

Had to laugh. saw all kinds of school closures in the SF Bay area on Facebook. FOR RAIN???

No exaggeration the drive traffic home last night on the 680 was down a third. People either went home early or never came in at all. For us out here really it was nothing more than a slightly heavy rainfall. No power outages at all. One of the guys here told me his girl friend wanted him to go out and get some canned food, ice for the impending disaster. It is raining here again though. Edited by Dante

Because in WNY you don't get droughts that dry out the brush, so you don't get rampant wildfires denuding the hillsides of whatever that clay-ey **** you have as an excuse for soil, so you don't get mudslides when it rains in WNY.

I don't know why anyone would live in CA, with the weather you get.

Not sure if you're being facetious or not but we complain all the time about the lack of weather here. We had friends up from SoCal this past weekend and she kept commenting on how neat the clouds looked.

It must have been someone else. I am talking like a very smooth operator, a guy that all the other guys are jealous of and the women obsess over. A man of humor and lightheartedness but stern and intimidating, while very passionate about fluffy things. A man who can decorate a Christmas tree in minutes and climb a mountain without sweating.

Ooops, sorry, not me... I haven't been posting a lot recently, too busy not sweating.

Where Chef lives, the worry is in the fall with fires. He lives not to far from where the 1991 fires killed about 40 people. There is enough vegetation that the hill won't slide. It may burn in the dry fall but slide, no.

Cold? Ha! I lived for about 20 years in the area and only wore a winter jacket about 3 time. I only took it out was when I was coming back to WNY for Xmas. I wore sweatshirts and windbreakers most of the time. When I ha first moved there, I went to the supermarket during rain storm, The lot was deserted. I asked the girl why no one was out and she said "It's raining!"

The main problem was not cleaning up the fallen leaves and then having them clog up the drains.

In the last 20 years here in the Midwest, I have worn a jacket about 5 times... Even in the winter... ;-P

I am still wearing shorts...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois