Stormageddon

Chef Jim

Waiting for the "Storm of the Decade" to hit us over the next couple of days. We don't get much "weather" here in CA so when we do it's something to talk about. 2-3" of rain in the urban areas with up to 50 mph gusts is pretty decent for us. But the scary part is other areas (north bay higher elevations and some coastal areas) expecting up to 8" of rain and 80 mph gusts. That's a ton of rain for a 24 hour period and a lot of wind. Drought be gone!!!!!

Waiting for the "Storm of the Decade" to hit us over the next couple of days. We don't get much "weather" here in CA so when we do it's something to talk about. 2-3" of rain in the urban areas with up to 50 mph gusts is pretty decent for us. But the scary part is other areas (north bay higher elevations and some coastal areas) expecting up to 8" of rain and 80 mph gusts. That's a ton of rain for a 24 hour period and a lot of wind. Drought be gone!!!!!

I would advise you to make sure you have an umbrella.

Drought begone? Hell, hillsides be gone...

I know these storms get way over hyped, but in SF case you're not used to it and the city is probably not prepared for it.

For example, last winter Hampton Roads had a snowstorm that dropped like 6 or 8 inches of snow. Coming from Erie that doesn't sound like a big deal, just an excuse to sleep in. In Hampton Roads on the other hand, everything shut down for 2 or 3 days.

Make sure you got plenty of drinkable water. Fill up your bathtubs with a supply of non-drinking water for bathing, flushing, cleaning, etc. Get a couple days supply of food that doesn't have to be cooked or refrigerated. Stock up on batteries. Charge your phones. Fill up your car and an extra 2 or 5 gallon gas can. Load up a couple magazines of whatever the People's Republic of Mexifornia will allow you to own. Test your flashlights and AM/FM radio. Gather some reading material, board games, or whatever form of non-eletronic entertainment you enjoy in the event you lose power.

Be prepared and most important, stay safe

I would advise you to make sure you have an umbrella.

My umbrella blew up just the other day so !@#$ off!

I know these storms get way over hyped, but in SF case you're not used to it and the city is probably not prepared for it.

For example, last winter Hampton Roads had a snowstorm that dropped like 6 or 8 inches of snow. Coming from Erie that doesn't sound like a big deal, just an excuse to sleep in. In Hampton Roads on the other hand, everything shut down for 2 or 3 days.

Make sure you got plenty of drinkable water. Fill up your bathtubs with a supply of non-drinking water for bathing, flushing, cleaning, etc. Get a couple days supply of food that doesn't have to be cooked or refrigerated. Stock up on batteries. Charge your phones. Fill up your car and an extra 2 or 5 gallon gas can. Load up a couple magazines of whatever the People's Republic of Mexifornia will allow you to own. Test your flashlights and AM/FM radio. Gather some reading material, board games, or whatever form of non-eletronic entertainment you enjoy in the event you lose power.

Thanks for the advice but.........

Hey, some really smart, dashingly striking handsome articulate and well thought out member of this community gave mention it would be a very wet start to winter and a very cold heart of it. Don't worry, though, by April, it'll just be nothing but wet again.

Hey, some really smart, dashingly striking handsome articulate and well thought out member of this community gave mention it would be a very wet start to winter and a very cold heart of it.

I never said that.

You need a Gust Buster....

http://www.gustbuster.com/

Oh that's not how it blew up. It was just in the back seat and we moved the seat up so some friends could get in it literally blew up. Lucky that damn thing didn't take someone's eye out.

I never said that.

It must have been someone else. I am talking like a very smooth operator, a guy that all the other guys are jealous of and the women obsess over. A man of humor and lightheartedness but stern and intimidating, while very passionate about fluffy things. A man who can decorate a Christmas tree in minutes and climb a mountain without sweating.

Oh that's not how it blew up. It was just in the back seat and we moved the seat up so some friends could get in it literally blew up. Lucky that damn thing didn't take someone's eye out.

did it ruin the leather in your Merceds F class?

It must have been someone else. I am talking like a very smooth operator, a guy that all the other guys are jealous of and the women obsess over. A man of humor and lightheartedness but stern and intimidating, while very passionate about fluffy things. A man who can decorate a Christmas tree in minutes and climb a mountain without sweating.

No.....it wasn't me!

did it ruin the leather in your Merceds F class?

Merceds? That place is a shithole.

Where Chef lives, the worry is in the fall with fires. He lives not to far from where the 1991 fires killed about 40 people. There is enough vegetation that the hill won't slide. It may burn in the dry fall but slide, no.

Cold? Ha! I lived for about 20 years in the area and only wore a winter jacket about 3 time. I only took it out was when I was coming back to WNY for Xmas. I wore sweatshirts and windbreakers most of the time. When I ha first moved there, I went to the supermarket during rain storm, The lot was deserted. I asked the girl why no one was out and she said "It's raining!"

The main problem was not cleaning up the fallen leaves and then having them clog up the drains.

Edited by Wacka

Where Chef lives, the worry is in the fall with fires. He lives not to far from where the 1991 fires killed about 40 people. There is enough vegetation that the hill won't slide. It may burn in the dry fall but slide, no.

Cold? Ha! I lived for about 20 years in the area and only wore a winter jacket about 3 time. I only took it out was when I was coming back to WNY for Xmas. I wore sweatshirts and windbreakers most of the time. When I ha first moved there, I went to the supermarket during rain storm, The lot was deserted. I asked the girl why no one was out and she said "It's raining!"

The main problem was not cleaning up the fallen leaves and then having them clog up the drains.

There is a danger with falling trees with this one. Lots of very large redwoods in our neighborhood. And I always wonder why I don't just leave my ski jacket in WNY when I go to ski. I've never worn it here and never will.

Fine, it was me.

There is a danger with falling trees with this one. Lots of very large redwoods in our neighborhood. And I always wonder why I don't just leave my ski jacket in WNY when I go to ski. I've never worn it here and never will.

I had a bunch of nice coats and jackets I wore up North. I seldom wear them here. I wear my Carhartt, though.

Fine, it was me.

I think it may have been, then.

Good advice, the only thing different I would suggest use the bathtub for kind of a built in cooler & load up on as much beer & ice as chef & his wife could get their hands on & fill the bathtub up with that.