Bills Sign WR Deonte Thompson; Mike Williams Waived to IR

I've actually wondered these past few days, as the company line on Marrone was how he was a "culture changer" whether his work in Buffalo is now complete?

I thought so earlier in the year but with some of the stupid things I've seen on the field, I am not sure it's there yet.

I want to see how he makes this team finish.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought so earlier in the year but with some of the stupid things I've seen on the field, I am not sure it's there yet.

ive wondered - with the personal fouls on D - if that is a a Schwartz influence. I don't really mind nastiness on D btw as long as it doesn't cost the team.

Agreed. At a micro level, though, aside from the bonehead penalties, this is a team that fights tooth and nail to win on a week to week basis.

I saw a lot of what I needed to see in Detroit, against Minny and even this past week. Our defense has continually stood tall and gotten the ball back for this offense (often to no avail) even when the chips were down. That's a HUGE change from most of what we've seen, dating back to the Jauron era.

Moreso, I'd actually contend that in TWO years, it's precisely what he's done for Buffalo. And next we're poised to make another step forward.

I've actually wondered these past few days, as the company line on Marrone was how he was a "culture changer" whether his work in Buffalo is now complete?

With a big assist from the defense over which he had zero oversight. And in his one big area of expertise, the team is floundering.

Again, what would this team look like with the same personnel and Wannstedt as DC?

ive wondered - with the personal fouls on D - if that is a a Schwartz influence. I don't really mind nastiness on D btw as long as it doesn't cost the team.

In our case, though, it has.

With a big assist from the defense over which he had zero oversight. And in his one big area of expertise, the team is floundering.

Again, what would this team look like with the same personnel and Wannstedt as DC?

Bull ****.

If Gailey gets run out of town for hiring the wrong DC, then Marrone gets credit for hring the right one(s).

I don't care how entrenched into the argument you are, there's absolutely no way anyone can make the case that our offense has been as bad as though defenses. The Hackett situation is FAR from analogous.

Not good. What would this team look like with Lil B as OC?

In our case, though, it has.

Bull ****.

The benching of Hughes for one quarter says you're wrong. Note how he has no qualms throwing the D coaches under the bus when it suits Thin Skin Doug.

Agreed. At a micro level, though, aside from the bonehead penalties, this is a team that fights tooth and nail to win on a week to week basis.

I saw a lot of what I needed to see in Detroit, against Minny and even this past week. Our defense has continually stood tall and gotten the ball back for this offense (often to no avail) even when the chips were down. That's a HUGE change from most of what we've seen, dating back to the Jauron era.

Look at offense. The horrible route running exercised frequently. The penalties by Lee Smith and the continued play of Lee Smith. The refusing to break character in the running game to accomplish yardage and the insistence on running Fred Jackson in to the ground. There are a lot of signs on Offense that our coaching staff is anemic.

It fits the narrative. There's virtually no proof of this.

There's certainly a lot of proof to people who aren't enamored of the Saint.

Shall we revisit your insistence that there was no hint of a WR revolt earlier this season?

There's certainly a lot of proof to people who aren't enamored of the Saint.

Shall we revisit your insistence that there was no hint of a WR revolt earlier this season?

Seriously, please refresh my memory (links would be nice).

Because I do remember being quite critical of the receivers after the SD/HOU games for pouting.

This has nothing to do with game planning, scheming or anything else.

Are you saying that Marrone is integrally involved in all those aspects of the defense, but didn't realize that Hughes was absent from the game for over a quarter, or what defense they called in a critical spot against New England?

You see, some people can see the inconsistencies in Marrone's narratives. The guy is the most two-faced coach at obd since Greggo.

Are you saying that Marrone is integrally involved in all those aspects of the defense, but didn't realize that Hughes was absent from the game for over a quarter, or what defense they called in a critical spot against New England?

You see, some people can see the inconsistencies in Marrone's narratives. The guy is the most two-faced coach at obd since Greggo.

I'd be willing to see your side on these things if I weren't so sure you wished them to be true.

Just being honest.

I'd be willing to see your side on these things if I weren't so sure you wished them to be true.

Just being honest.

I supported Marrone last year, but his act is wearing thin. He's riding a wave on which he had little contribution. To me it's insane to think that he's had a big hand on the defensive plans over Pettine and Schwartz.

i don't see it this way. The HC has oversight over the game plans on both sides. In-game rotations and defensive playcalling are going to be controlled by the defensive coaches unless there is a reason for him to intervene. I think he trusts Schwartz and Pepper to handle it.

I didn't follow the Hughes thing - was he actually "benched" and why? Seemed like he was rotated out for Lawson because Denver wasn't throwing.

Edited by YoloinOhio