Bills Sign WR Deonte Thompson; Mike Williams Waived to IR

Locker room cancer was removed I guess

Nope...Marrone is still here!!

This whole situation with Williams has been weird this year. Having a known red zone threat inactive when the team is last in red zone TD's. Then giving his spot to a special teams coverage player when the team has an extra kick on the roster to kick balls out of the end zone.

Agreed....bizarre events.

Got a feeling Mike Williams isn't aware of the 'injury' either...

That's funny

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really we've seen it reported like 3 different ways by semi credible sources since lunch time today, haven't we?

not really. It was reported this way initially when the trade occurred. Rodak's from April kept getting referenced but he just seemed to leave that part out, likely unintentionally. Articles since then that didn't mention the exact terms seemed to simply lack research of the contract itself.

After the Houston game, MW went public with his criticisms of Hackett's offense, saying stuff like they didn't prepare for anything Houston showed them, they were too late to adjust, etc. That drew the ire of the coaching staff to be sure. He played vs. Detroit, IIRC, but a week later he was scratched vs. the Pats and then went public with his trade demands after the game. Gotta think that pretty much sealed his fate with this staff.

I wonder how those two incidents would sit with any coaching staff.

GO BILLS!!!

jason avant was cut from the Panthers for making comments like that. If you are a replaceable, fringe player - best to keep your mouth shut. Edited by YoloinOhio

@mikerodak: Clarification: Mike Williams' 2015 salary is not fully guaranteed until 3rd day of league year in March. I received incorrect information.

@BuffaloBillsPro: Bills place Mike Williams on IR http://t.co/1FVc0oWdid

Hey, professional reporter, know what you do when you receive incorrect information? You !@#$ing verify it before you report it.

That tweet may have pissed me off more than any of the Bills-bashing tripe he normally defaults to.

After the Houston game, MW went public with his criticisms of Hackett's offense, saying stuff like they didn't prepare for anything Houston showed them, they were too late to adjust, etc. That drew the ire of the coaching staff to be sure.

But didn't you also say that Marrone doesn't hold grudges?

Hey, professional reporter, know what you do when you receive incorrect information? You !@#$ing verify it before you report it.

That tweet may have pissed me off more than any of the Bills-bashing tripe he normally defaults to.

He was relying on information in a report from his ESPN colleague John Clayton that said MW's 2015 contract was fully guaranteed. :oops:

He was relying on information in a report from his ESPN colleague John Clayton that said MW's 2015 contract was fully guaranteed. :oops:

What I find hilarious is all I do as a fan is listen to things like the John Murphy Show and click on Rotoworld and even I knew the details of the contract. Edited by YoloinOhio

But, but, we gotta give him credit cuz he got it right. I mean, he was wrong, but he ended up right, so we have to give him credit right?

Rodhack and ESPN in this entire situation is just par for the course of what has become acceptable behavior at ESPN. Generate the story from the AP and other sources which they obtain (they pay for it) and put their name at the top. Then source each other to make long drawn out stories. When the story is out there get a blowhard to talk about it. After he talks about it have the original reporter source that and get player comments on the reply and call it journalism.

The pot of **** starts stirring when Rodhack's of the ESPN world stir it. What someone needs to do is just flush that little piece of poo and forget ESPN.

After the Houston game, MW went public with his criticisms of Hackett's offense, saying stuff like they didn't prepare for anything Houston showed them, they were too late to adjust, etc. That drew the ire of the coaching staff to be sure. He played vs. Detroit, IIRC, but a week later he was scratched vs. the Pats and then went public with his trade demands after the game. Gotta think that pretty much sealed his fate with this staff.

I wonder how those two incidents would sit with any coaching staff.

GO BILLS!!!

Do you have any links for the offense not being prepared comments? I do not remember hearing or reading that. I do remember the trade request though.

Do you have any links for the offense not being prepared comments? I do not remember hearing or reading that. I do remember the trade request though.

I don't, unfortunately. There were threads after the Houston game citing MW's comments about Hackett and the offense. I'll see what I can dig up.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't, unfortunately. There were threads after the Houston game citing MW's comments about Hackett and the offense. I'll see what I can dig up.

GO BILLS!!!

I remember the comments after the Houston game, but really didn't pay much attention to them because I considered them post game throwaway comments. In retrospect, it seems as if that was the beginning of the end of Caveman's role in the offense.

I'm curious, what do the "how could they not be playing Mike Williams" crowd think of the fact he went unclaimed on the waiver wire?

He's hurt. Hasn't played. You don't know the reasons. If you claim him you play about $400,000 without knowing anything. If you keep him for next year without seeing him in OTAs you pay 6.4m.

He's hurt. Hasn't played. You don't know the reasons. If you claim him you play about $400,000 without knowing anything. If you keep him for next year without seeing him in OTAs you pay 6.4m.

Marrone cannot handle players with strong personalities is my guess after seeing the departure of Stevie and now Mike Williams. If you don't closely toe the company line, you'll wind up in the Doug House and can easily be jettisoned.