Bills Sign WR Deonte Thompson; Mike Williams Waived to IR

so we should stick to who has produced more while marrone wasnt letting one play, as proof that marrone made the right decision.

Why not? It's all we got at this point.

My original point earlier, which Kelly attempted to dispute, was that Hogan was producing. I contended that he is producing enough that it is hard to bench him in favor of a guy who has done very little with the time he got in the beginning of the season. That's all. Like I said earlier, "Hey Chris, 5 catches on 6 targets for 72 yards and a TD in your first full start? Yeah, you're gonna sit for a guy who had 7 catches in four games because he might be able to do more." That scenario is ridiculous.

I read in this or another post that Mike Williams posted a picture of himself smoking weed on Instagram. Is this true? And if so, any idea when that was?

I'd like to believe he isn't that stupid, but given that spiel about the red socks and "putting all the pressure on himself and off his teammates" by doing so, I'm not so sure.

GO BILLS!!!

It's been taken down, but I saw it. It was a Instagram video of MW talking or rapping or something (the sound didn't work) and you could see smoke curling around the roof on the video. You couldn't see him smoking anything on screen, but smoke was definitely present. I don't know if it was weed or a cigar, but I'd bet the former.

I wanna say it was posted the day before the "They can't stop me in practice" story, but I can't remember exactly.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the grand scheme of things in the Hogan MW debate I said this to my buddy during the Miami game.

"This is what happens to a team when the coach gives a guy like Hogan a career day, and we don't get the ball to our play makers."

That will be Hogans career, a stable guy on a roster who will never, and based on skill set, should never take over a football game. That is unless you want to get your arse kicked by a divisional rival.

Sure is Hogan better than MW in the role Marone has him in on the roster. But it doesn't mean it is the best use of our weapons. Marrone has a hard on for him for whatever reason I don't know. Remember when he pushed him in front of Woods. I guess the point is if we played to the skill sets of our skilled players the personel on the field changes.

Also came to this conclusion the other day, Chris Hogan = Josh Reed. That realization is especially scary when you look at this offense compared to Jaurons.

My original point earlier, which Kelly attempted to dispute, was that Hogan was producing. I contended that he is producing enough that it is hard to bench him in favor of a guy who has done very little with the time he got in the beginning of the season. That's all. Like I said earlier, "Hey Chris, 5 catches on 6 targets for 72 yards and a TD in your first full start? Yeah, you're gonna sit for a guy who had 7 catches in four games because he might be able to do more." That scenario is ridiculous.

It's been taken down, but I saw it. It was a Instagram video of MW talking or rapping or something (the sound didn't work) and you could see smoke curling around the roof on the video. You couldn't see him smoking anything on screen, but smoke was definitely present. I don't know if it was weed or a cigar, but I'd bet the former.

I wanna say it was posted the day before the "They can't stop me in practice" story, but I can't remember exactly.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it's not wonder coaches don't care for social media.

GO BILLS!!!

No you didn't.

Who has produced more this year?

I don't see anything about production this year. You're arguing talent.

Only when MW doesnt play much is Hogan better.

MW played the first 4 games of the the year and saw the field quite a bit. Produced very little. Hogan's first 4 games when MW played very little, he produced quite a bit.

You're trying to argue talent, which of course can't be quantified. MW is a better WR? Maybe, but he ain't producing more.

No. I said "Only when MWilliams doesn't play much is Hogan better." In the first three games Hogan didn't play at all and MWilliams was better, even if he wasnt good. Hogan then started playing more and more and got more production as MWilliams started playing less and less or not at all.There was one game where MWilliams played more and Hogan produced more, two catches to one against Detroit. The point is obvious though. And I answered your crap question, you just ignored it.

I read in this or another post that Mike Williams posted a picture of himself smoking weed on Instagram. Is this true? And if so, any idea when that was?

I'd like to believe he isn't that stupid, but given that spiel about the red socks and "putting all the pressure on himself and off his teammates" by doing so, I'm not so sure.

GO BILLS!!!

thursday - and then deleted Edited by YoloinOhio

No. I said "Only when MWilliams doesn't play much is Hogan better." In the first three games Hogan didn't play at all and MWilliams was better, even if he wasnt good. Hogan then started playing more and more and got more production as MWilliams started playing less and less or not at all.There was one game where MWilliams played more and Hogan produced more, two catches to one against Detroit. The point is obvious though. And I answered your crap question, you just ignored it.

Dude, you're trying so hard to split hairs here. I don't care if you claim that it's Hackett's garbage scheme, the QB switch or any other reason in the book, but Hogan has produced more than MW for the Bills. Period.

Your argument makes zero sense. "Only when EJ Manuel doesn't play is Kyle Orton better at producing as a QB." That's actually your argument. Mike Williams started the first 4 games! It's not like hes never seen the field. You're being intellectually dishonest.

Dude, you're trying so hard to split hairs here. I don't care if you claim that it's Hackett's garbage scheme, the QB switch or any other reason in the book, but Hogan has produced more than MW for the Bills. Period.

Your argument makes zero sense. "Only when EJ Manuel doesn't play is Kyle Orton better at producing as a QB." That's actually your argument. Mike Williams started the first 4 games! It's not like hes never seen the field. You're being intellectually dishonest.

Sort of like "moving the goal posts" in an argument. :rolleyes:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I didn't question how hard he was trying.

I'm intentionally splitting hairs because it's a crap question. You and I both know the answer to it. You're trying to get me to say something in a simple yes or no when that is not what is happening. Hogan is not playing because he's producing. He started playing way before he was producing. He's playing because MW fell out of favor with Marrone after doing something. Hogan had 9 snaps in the game just before MW was benched and didn't play at all. That was a disciplinary move.

I'm intentionally splitting hairs because it's a crap question. You and I both know the answer to it. You're trying to get me to say something in a simple yes or no when that is not what is happening. Hogan is not playing because he's producing. He started playing way before he was producing. He's playing because MW fell out of favor with Marrone after doing something. Hogan had 9 snaps in the game just before MW was benched and didn't play at all. That was a disciplinary move.

Perhaps. But see, what I'm trying to say is that it's not like MW got benched and we're getting nothing out of his replacement. Hogan's playing pretty good for a #3. In fact, he's playing better than MW did all season. So let's say that Marrone got over the issue. What motivation does he have to put MW back in?

Edited by FireChan

Part of the problem with the can't bench hogan argument is it shouldn't have to be one or the other -- both could be active and get reps over Larry Dean

Edited by NoSaint

Perhaps. But see, what I'm trying to say is that it's not like MW got benched and we're getting nothing out of his replacement. Hogan's playing pretty good for a #3. In fact, he's playing better than MW did all season. So let's say that Marrone got over the issue. What motivation does he have to put MW back in?

Because even if Hogan is producing, which is arguable because a lot of people think that he isn't, the ONE thing that we suck at the most, red zone TDs, is the ONE thing MW does best.

There was a play a few games ago, when MW wasn't getting many snaps, when it was in the red zone, they put everyone to the left side of the field, and only MW to the right. He was man on man with no one else near. The absolute perfect time to do what he does best and throw the ball up to him. What did they do? Ran him on a skinny post RIGHT WHERE ALL THE OTHER DEFENDERS WERE. Sorry for shouting but it just pissed me off again. Orton threw an ill advised pass into double coverage because a safety was just waiting there for the most part.

Coaches put players in the best position to make plays. And players have to make those plays. The one time we threw the ball up to him and told him to go get it he did, and we won the game.

Part of the problem with the can't bench hogan argument is it shouldn't have to be one or the other -- both could be active and get reps over Larry Dean

Not meaningfully. At best, MW would be situationally used. Someone loses reps if you use your fourth and fifth WR's.

Because even if Hogan is producing, which is arguable because a lot of people think that he isn't, the ONE thing that we suck at the most, red zone TDs, is the ONE thing MW does best.

There was a play a few games ago, when MW wasn't getting many snaps, when it was in the red zone, they put everyone to the left side of the field, and only MW to the right. He was man on man with no one else near. The absolute perfect time to do what he does best and throw the ball up to him. What did they do? Ran him on a skinny post RIGHT WHERE ALL THE OTHER DEFENDERS WERE. Sorry for shouting but it just pissed me off again. Orton threw an ill advised pass into double coverage because a safety was just waiting there for the most part.

Coaches put players in the best position to make plays. And players have to make those plays. The one time we threw the ball up to him and told him to go get it he did, and we won the game.

Okay, but K-9 has addressed this a couple times. Orton is really at fault for most of our red zone woes. MW's strengths could be used a little more, and in a perfect world they would be. But I don't feel that it would have much of an effect.

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso · 30m 30 minutes ago

There's a discrepancy between what #Bills are on the hook for in 2015 regarding Mike Williams. Hoping to get to the bottom of this now.

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso · 15m 15 minutes ago

Found an answer on what #Bills owe Mike Williams in 2015 (if he's not on the team)...

...if #Bills cut Mike Williams before 3rd day of 2015 league year, they owe him nothing, & he represents no dead $https://twitter.com/ChrisTrapasso/status/542484429617123328/photo/1

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso · 3m 3 minutes ago

That contract fact makes the #Bills waiving of Mike Williams much more logical. Spent Round 6 pick & he counted $1.8M against cap in 2014.