Bills Sign WR Deonte Thompson; Mike Williams Waived to IR

i don't see it this way. The HC has oversight over the game plans on both sides. In-game rotations and defensive playcalling are going to be controlled by the defensive coaches unless there is a reason for him to intervene. I think he trusts Schwartz and Pepper to handle it.

I didn't follow the Hughes thing - was he actually "benched" and why? Seemed like he was rotated out for Lawson because Denver wasn't throwing.

I think the whole Hughes thing has been massively overblown. I think it's somewhat peculiar. I also know that the logistics of substitution ESPECIALLY with how aggressive we've rotated the d-line throughout the second half of ball games all year long, I'm not that outraged by it.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gailey gets run out of town for hiring the wrong DC, then Marrone gets credit for hring the right one(s).

I don't care how entrenched into the argument you are, there's absolutely no way anyone can make the case that our offense has been as bad as though defenses. The Hackett situation is FAR from analogous.

George Edwards is actually doing a decent job in Minny with that D. Remember he was hired here with a roster full of 4-3 players. Not giving him a pass, but the inherited roster under Gailey/Nix was almost historically bad as far as the Bills are

Concerned. A few good ones stay. The rest have basically left the league in only 2 years.

George Edwards is actually doing a decent job in Minny with that D. Remember he was hired here with a roster full of 4-3 players. Not giving him a pass, but the inherited roster under Gailey/Nix was almost historically bad as far as the Bills are

Concerned. A few good ones stay. The rest have basically left the league in only 2 years.

Doesn't hurt that Zimmer is the HC there, who I'm sure had a lot of say on the defensive side much like Pettine does in Cleveland and Rex does in NYC.

Once MW is released, does anyone think he'll hook on elsewhere this season? A player with his NFL production history should get a look from a WR needy team unless his checkered past outweighs the previous production in the minds of too many front office executives.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Once MW is released, does anyone think he'll hook on elsewhere this season? A player with his NFL production history would get a look from a WR needy team unless his checkered past outweighs the previous production in the minds of too many front office executives.

it will depend on a few things -- the actual injury, specific team needs the last 2 weeks/playoffs, and of course what kind of discount hes willing to accept.

even if its healed and ready to go very quick, it would be hard for him to contribute beyond very specialized packages at this point.

it will depend on a few things -- the actual injury, specific team needs the last 2 weeks/playoffs, and of course what kind of discount hes willing to accept.

even if its healed and ready to go very quick, it would be hard for him to contribute beyond very specialized packages at this point.

If the Bears were actually in contention, I could see them taking a chance on Caveman with Marshall done for the season.

If the Bears were actually in contention, I could see them taking a chance on Caveman with Marshall done for the season.

i could even see the saints possibly discussing him with cooks hurt and joe morgan cut... but i suspect their change in locker room culture they are trying to pull off this week might preempt the consideration.

"His morale is always positive," Woods said. "Of course he wanted to play and be out on the field with us and he went hard every rep he had. Even when he was on practice squad, pretty much he went hard every rep. Great teammate, taking plays for us when we got tired, really just trying to make a good impression, putting his body on the line just to make sure we were good on Sundays."

While some speculated there could be some leftover tension between Williams and Marrone from the receiver's unceremonious departure at Syracuse, they had nothing but good things to say about the other through it all, and Williams' remains a favorite in the receiver room.

"He was our energy," Woods said. "He gave us some laughs, gave us some good times, pushed us at practice, motivated us when we were down and just kept us all in it really."

Williams has insisted that he's still the same player he was in Tampa Bay, where he caught 25 touchdowns in 54 games. Woods still sees that, too.

"He definitely is. He's definitely still making plays every practice, going up and getting the ball. Same stuff he's been doing beforehand."

More grist for the mill that Marrone just didn't like him, or that there was something behind the scenes that kept MW off the field other than his ability. And not that he was a locker room cancer or not playing well or deserving.

More grist for the mill that Marrone just didn't like him, or that there was something behind the scenes that kept MW off the field other than his ability. And not that he was a locker room cancer or not playing well or deserving.

Woods likes to make his opinion known. Might be better off without so much of it sometimes but that was an interesting quote nonetheless

Of course Marrone didn't like him. That's obvious. Certain player doesn't suit certain coach, certain player usually doesn't last long.

Is there a date for when Woods made those comments? The link is to an article dated 12/4. But Woods isn't quoted in that article.

GO BILLS!!!

Of course Marrone didn't like him. That's obvious. Certain player doesn't suit certain coach, certain player usually doesn't last long.

Is there a date for when Woods made those comments? The link is to an article dated 12/4. But Woods isn't quoted in that article.

GO BILLS!!!

Yesterday was the article.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/12/robert_woods_calls_mike_williams_a_great_teammate_insists_he_can_still_make_play.html

The Doug House....Where Bills' careers go to die! :thumbdown:

Yesterday was the article.

http://www.syracuse...._make_play.html

LOL at Marrone:

That begs the question: What was the biggest issue for Williams and why couldn't things click for him in Buffalo?

"I think Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins," Bills coach Doug Marrone said Wednesday.

No mention of Brad Lamb?

This guy is a joker.

LOL at Marrone:

No mention of Brad Lamb?

This guy is a joker.

thats such a strange quote for a guy that you traded for to be part of a 4 man rotation and then cut before the season was over.

a simple "things simply didnt work out as planned and we decided it was best for us and for mike if we moved on and let him pursue other opportunities" is the stock answer. not that he wasnt one of your top 2 wrs.

thats such a strange quote for a guy that you traded for to be part of a 4 man rotation and then cut before the season was over.

a simple "things simply didnt work out as planned and we decided it was best for us and for mike if we moved on and let him pursue other opportunities" is the stock answer. not that he wasnt one of your top 2 wrs.

Was Williams ever a slot receiver?

GO BILLS!!!