McDonald’s U.S. Sales Drop the Most in at Least a Decade

truth on hold

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha..i remember when you spent more than $1 at McDonalds your old man was gunna kick your ass halfway to China.

LMAO! WTF happened to those days! Now my 16 year old son sits down to strap on the feed bag and doesn't think twice about ordering the 40 dollar steak! Not a care in the world... I mean WTF Dude! And it isn't even a fancy steak/chop house!

I guess it "balances" out... His sister is a "vegetarian"... Are you kidding me! But, thanx for thinking of the family pocketbook anyway! ;-)

Holy Schmokes! LoL...

I am not a huge fan of McDonald's.

That said, one of my pet peeves is when people (usually, affluent people) turn their noses up at McD's and other fast food. I can do without the elitist criticism of fast food. Eating a Big Mac five times a year is not going to kill you.

BINGO! Look @ the guy that ate McD's three times a day, 6 days a week, FOR 30 YEARS... And he is normal weight and health. It is about timing, moderation, and other things (like snacking, etc...).

Who gets a salad at McDonalds?

I do like their sundaes are only $1.

Big spender... Not sure if they still do it, but you can ask for a free "courtesy" cone of vanilla ice cream.

I got sick a few years ago eating McDonalds, sicker than I've ever been eating fast food. Since then I can barely look at it without feeling queasy. I will get a burger from Wendys or Burger King on occasion if I am traveling or something but I only get fries from McD's.

Like others have said, I'd rather pay a few extra bucks at 5 guys or Chipotle or something like that than eat McD's/ BK/ Wendys. Also Chain restaurants like applebees, olive garden ext are awful. Rather spend the extra money/ time if I'm gonna go out

Isn't Chipotle somehow connected to McD's?

I am not so down in chains.

I actually discovered Cracker Barrel a few years ago. And even though my friends make fun of me, I love that place. There is also something comforting about eating with 80-year olds.

^^^This^^^ LoL!

Actually, I think people like chains because they know what they are getting... Consistently. Yes, to some it is consistentky crappy, but @ least you know what you are getting. It is a study in human nature, people want to be familar with things... They want stability, not a guessing game.

I actually knew somebody that bought the same kind of shoes, same style, color, everything... Never changed when it was time to get new shoes. Now that's insane, IMO.

Familiarity and brand recognition plays a lot into it...

Wait, there isn't fresh Maine lobster on the seafood sub at Subway?

Asian carp? LMAO... Ever notice where Long John Silvers is based out of? Filet-O-Fish was invented? For decades, they have pulled commercial fish out of places like: Gasp... The Ohio River!

Great thread BTW... You know lobster was once thought to be just "prison" food... They'd feed the prisoners it, normal citizens wouldn't dare touch the stuff.

Same thing with the first European settlers to Oregon. They starved in a land the Natives thought was paradise on earth... They wouldn't eat the plentiful salmon because it was red and "yucky."

Go figure how things change...

Double Butter Burger with cheese from Culver's here in Wisconsin. No better in America IMO.

Haven't been to Mcds in a year til, oddly enough, TODAY! (I took 3 autistic 13 year olds there on a field trip for the playland)

I had a small coffee.

Culver's I enjoy! Expensive though...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

P. Terry's? Whataburger? I take it that you live in or near Austin? If so, ever been to Dan's or Fran's?

it's sort of the same thing in south & central Texas with Taco Bell. They're all over the place, and they don't hold a candle to the local stuff like Torchy's.

I drive by the Fran's at 35/290 everyday. I'll check it out! Never had it.

Another favorite fast food burger of mine is pecan street station in Pflugerville.

So true with Torchys. My favorite fast food texmex is probably taco cabana, torchys is its own level, I don't really consider it fast food.

Double Butter Burger with cheese from Culver's here in Wisconsin. No better in America IMO.

Haven't been to Mcds in a year til, oddly enough, TODAY! (I took 3 autistic 13 year olds there on a field trip for the playland)

I had a small coffee.

I thought Culvers was decent but nothing special compared to what we have in Texas.

Chipotle could take over the world if they added queso to the menu.

Freebirds >>> Chipotle

I thought Culvers was decent but nothing special compared to what we have in Texas.

Freebirds >>> Chipotle

It is consistent and that is what people usually like. Brand recognition.

What blows my mind is here. People go to Chipotle when there are some many way better authentic Mexican mom & pop places... WTF... I actually find Chipotle disgusting! I will eat it though, in a pinch... Rush... Such a rip off too... I can get real Mexican food and double the amount for the same price!

They used to be able to count on me for a number of visits/year, but now i can't remember last time i went there. Must have been more than 6 months ago. Think I'm just sick of their same old bland tasting offerings. Can't imagine they'll ever really get me back as a customer.

McDonald's Corp. (MCD), the world's largest restaurant chain, posted its worst monthly U.S. sales decline in more than a decade and said a health scare in China would continue to take a toll on profit this quarter.

U.S. sales at stores open at least 13 months fell 4.6 percent last month, following a 1 percent drop in October, the Oak Brook, Illinois-based company said today in a statement. Analysts had projected a 1.9 percent decline for last month, according to Consensus Metrix. Global same-s [...]

Read the full story at http://www.bloomberg...mp-deepens.html

if they quit selling crap then maybe there sales would go back up. Using 100% REAL ground beef would be a start

It is consistent and that is what people usually like. Brand recognition.

What blows my mind is here. People go to Chipotle when there are some many way better authentic Mexican mom & pop places... WTF... I actually find Chipotle disgusting! I will eat it though, in a pinch... Rush... Such a rip off too... I can get real Mexican food and double the amount for the same price!

We have Culvers in Texas too, there was one with a mile from my last place. I just didn't think it was great, even though I really wanted it to be.

Edited by BlueFire

Five pages and no one has mentioned KFC.

Why do you think they give you a bucket?

Lots and lots of diners around here. Lots and lots of fast food places. Some decent home grown restaurants - many of them BYOB :thumbsup: .

They all seem to do well. People don't want to cook. They want to eat.

Five pages and no one has mentioned KFC.

Why do you think they give you a bucket?

Lots and lots of diners around here. Lots and lots of fast food places. Some decent home grown restaurants - many of them BYOB :thumbsup: .

They all seem to do well. People don't want to cook. They want to eat.

Not one to eat fried chicken a ton....but damn the spicey at Popeyes is not fast food, it is just damn good. Get it maybe twice a year.

It is so good , the Washington Post restuarant critic/ reviewer always recommends it when people ask for the best fried chicken in DC.