McDonald’s U.S. Sales Drop the Most in at Least a Decade

truth on hold

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been to a Subway since they got rid of the seafood sensation sub. Reminded me of college. Oh well, there are better options out there as DiBella's is starting to move into the area.

Now , eating seafood from Subway, displays bravery above and beyond!

Or were you secretly hoping to get ill so you could go home early?

The taster has to eat one nugget every hour . How would you like that job?

They asked Anthony Bourdain, the globe-trotting chef that samples bizarre foods from all over the world, what was the most disgusting thing he has ever eaten. He answered, "Chicken McNuggets"

Seriously, I remember as a kid walking to the McDonald's with friends. Would get the Big Mac combo and a cheeseburger for 4.01$.

Think the combo alone is like 8.00 now. No thanks

$8 for a Big Mac meal is insane.

When I went back home to Erie for Thanksgiving, we stopped at Taki's for lunch on the way home from the airport. My Dad and I both had a Greeker platter and combined the bill was like $8 or $9. I hadn't had a Greeker in years.

It is not mind-boggling.

The only reason people eat Subway is because they are lazy to go further, or it is raining outside, or there is nothing else around and they are in a time crunch.

I have never known anyone who has willingly gone to Subway over another viable sandwich place; you go there strictly out of necessity.

Yeah, I hit Subway alot and for those very reasons

Wawa rocks!!!

I love me some Wawa.

Now , eating seafood from Subway, displays bravery above and beyond!

Or were you secretly hoping to get ill so you could go home early?

Never got sick from it. And IIRC, they kept it in the fridge.

A/k/a the "how many ways can we disguise Atlantic whitefish" sub.

Yep. They used to call it the "seafood and crab" sub, but dropped the pretense. Didn't matter, I still liked it.

I can only speak for a small section of PA but the chain restaurants have been getting their asses handed to them by the resurgence of the local diner. They are packed morning, noon and night by all the demographics and I've seen younger owners taking over the business.

I think that the era of the chain restaurant and its unstoppable expansion is over where you inevitably would see an Applebees near every mall and a Ruby Tuesday's along every highway. The baby boomer generation loves the chain restaurants but other generations do not. Markets are saturated presently. Younger generations having grown up on chain restaurant food, have had their fill of it after eating it throughout childhood and their young adult years.

Somebody mentioned that places like Olive Garden don't cook food but merely assemble it. Same goes for Panera Bread. I don't quite get the excitement over Panera. Anything hot there is served out of a bag and all the breads are pre-mixed and frozen.

I can only speak for a small section of PA but the chain restaurants have been getting their asses handed to them by the resurgence of the local diner. They are packed morning, noon and night by all the demographics and I've seen younger owners taking over the business.

I think that the era of the chain restaurant and its unstoppable expansion is over where you inevitably would see an Applebees near every mall and a Ruby Tuesday's along every highway. The baby boomer generation loves the chain restaurants but other generations do not. Markets are saturated presently. Younger generations having grown up on chain restaurant food, have had their fill of it after eating it throughout childhood and their young adult years.

Somebody mentioned that places like Olive Garden don't cook food but merely assemble it. Same goes for Panera Bread. I don't quite get the excitement over Panera. Anything hot there is served out of a bag and all the breads are pre-mixed and frozen.

I'm not crazy about Panera either for that reason, but I don't think most people know or care how the sausage gets made. At any rate, McD's stuff is assembled and Panera is a little less offensive. Chipotle actually cooks food and on the premises. What a revelation.

Re chipotle, no other burrito chain beats that for freshness. I get sick just looking at a Moe's. Don't know how people could go there after eating at chipotle.

Plus it's really annoying when you walk in and they all shout Welcome to Moe's. One of the guys I work with used to work at a Moes when he was younger. When we go there, sometimes I see him squint with painful memories :lol:

Doesn't panera make their own bagels on site? I always assumed they did.

Re chipotle, no other burrito chain beats that for freshness. I get sick just looking at a Moe's. Don't know how people could go there after eating at chipotle.

I have no local Chipotle. I do have a local Moe's and I hit them up for lunch every 2-3 months. I love it. I do think Chipotle is better, but I have no problem with getting a Moe's lunch.

I have no local Chipotle. I do have a local Moe's and I hit them up for lunch every 2-3 months. I love it. I do think Chipotle is better, but I have no problem with getting a Moe's lunch.

It is the only place you can get a Flaming Homer.