McDonald’s U.S. Sales Drop the Most in at Least a Decade

truth on hold

They used to be able to count on me for a number of visits/year, but now i can't remember last time i went there. Must have been more than 6 months ago. Think I'm just sick of their same old bland tasting offerings. Can't imagine they'll ever really get me back as a customer.

McDonald’s Corp. (MCD), the world’s largest restaurant chain, posted its worst monthly U.S. sales decline in more than a decade and said a health scare in China would continue to take a toll on profit this quarter.

U.S. sales at stores open at least 13 months fell 4.6 percent last month, following a 1 percent drop in October, the Oak Brook, Illinois-based company said today in a statement. Analysts had projected a 1.9 percent decline for last month, according to Consensus Metrix. Global same-s [...]

Read the full story at http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-08/mcdonald-s-monthly-sales-trail-estimates-as-u-s-slump-deepens.html

Edited by JTSP

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never eat fast food and only support local restaurants. But I remember McDonalds being much better in the 70's- actual cream in their milkshakes, fries fried in tallow, huge big macs not made of pink slime.....now a dollar menu item costs $1.29 and the portion sizes are smaller and inferior quality. Good riddance

i am still a sucker for the mcnuggets....every so often i feel like having some...

Then you won't want to know what's in them/how they're made. I will never eat another one again.

And I still love their Big Mac, fillet o-fish, and fries. But I rarely go there anymore.

And I love 5 Guys, but their burgers are twice the price (sometimes three times the price if I have a coupon) of McD's.

Then you won't want to know what's in them/how they're made. I will never eat another one again.

And I still love their Big Mac, fillet o-fish, and fries. But I rarely go there anymore.

And I love 5 Guys, but their burgers are twice the price (sometimes three times the price if I have a coupon) of McD's.

They cost more with coupons? Those bastards!!

I think some of it is structural. Boomer powerhouses like McDonalds, Olive Garden, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, and especially Red Lobster are either fading away or having tough times.

all ****ty restaurants IMO that I would not give one canadian cent to. So I went to Buffalo last week and ate at Schwebels, Charley the Butcher, Duff's, and the Original Pancake House. Much better then the above **** Edited by Pete

I eat there a couple times a year, but if I'm going out to spend $5-10 on a McDonalds meal, I might as well go a place that's 100x better, for $10-15, or just stay at home. McDonalds is only good for convenient calorie intake, and that's about it.