Orton sliding one yard shy of the 1st down.

Webster Guy

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had some big boys running at him with a full head of steam. You would have slid too.

That's crap. You know you are gonna get hit. Get down head first. Stretch out. You come up short there fine. But he was very indecisive. He did not want to run. He did not want to throw. You could look at him and see he was having a brain fart broadcasted live on tv

The fans ran Fitz out of town? No! The Bills, as indicated in the infamous Buddy phone call with the TB GM, made a decision that he wasn't good enough. Hell, Fitz was just benched for Ryan FN Mallett in Houston. He's not a good starting QB. EOS!

"We" as in the Royal We. Bills, fans, everybody wanted Fitz gone. He would have been better than the trash we've had at QB the last two seasons. With this D, Fitz would have been fine, it wouldn't have been all on him, like it always was under Gailey and Wanny. But Hack-it would have f'd him up too, probably.

Maybe, but he would have fought his way to the first down marker unlike Kitty Orton.

Yep. If I'm in the Bills locker room, Orton is not my guy after that pu$$y play. The season was on the line there, you have NO excuse.

oops Sorry I didnt see it elsewhere.

I'm wondering if maybe he thought it was 2nd down. is that possible?

I think he might have just thought he had the yardage. 'obviously' they don't have that line on the field that we see in TV so it's probably not that difficult for a guy who never runs to gets lost out there. I dunno, grasping at straws maybe. Either way it was a horrible play.

I hated that play watching it live, and for what it represents in effort, but watching the replays, I don't think he gets it.

Also on the phantom sacks again a reaction I hated, but not sure if there was a better play to be made.

Thank goodness he was playing against a QB who is just as big a sissy.....if you were watching football for the first time in your life yesterday, you would have thought that QBs fall on the ground all of the time for no reason. I guess they all plot out somewhere on the curve, for every Peyton there is a Big Ben.

There's no way he makes the first down, Johnson was about to destroy him. He needs to throw that ball away.

WanAlertJackrabbit.gif

This just shows me that if he had sprinted with the best of his ability toward the stick on the sideline, he would have made it with relative ease. Not only was the slide wrong; so was the final angle he took. Bad play by him in multiple ways.

Why a rollout by a slow footed QB in the first place, when they needed 6 inches? It wasn't even the misdirection that succeeded last week.

PS - Can't wait to see the All 22 on this one. Looks like somebody missed an assignment on #97, either Chandler or Henderson. He wasn't supposed to have a clean rush.

Edited by GG

There's no way he makes the first down, Johnson was about to destroy him. He needs to throw that ball away.

WanAlertJackrabbit.gif

Best thing about that video is that right as Orton is picking his pansy ass off the ground, the stats tracker at the bottom of the screen is showing Fitzpatrick's stats and that he has a rushing TD'. Of course Orton had a rushing TD as well, but it was much less impressive.

Edited by Not Again

This just shows me that if he had sprinted with the best of his ability toward the stick on the sideline, he would have made it with relative ease. Not only was the slide wrong; so was the final angle he took. Bad play by him in multiple ways.

Orton cannot run at all. He would have made it 2ft from where he was before he got creamed! He is that slow!!

Why a rollout by a slow footed QB in the first place, when they needed 6 inches? It wasn't even the misdirection that succeeded last week.

PS - Can't wait to see the All 22 on this one. Looks like somebody missed an assignment on #97, either Chandler or Henderson. He wasn't supposed to have a clean rush.

Why not a sneak? Why is there never a sneak in that situation? They finally do an Orton sneak at the end of the game and it works. But they avoid that play like the plague!!

If he took a low dive with his head/ball first, we get a first down there, and he avoids taking a big hit. If he sprints towards the sideline instead of "juking" he probably gets there on a slide.

He might not have made it, but we were playing for the season here, and he didn't try. I'm not sure if he really cares about anything other than cashing in a check.

I agree with this which makes me wonder what the reaction to the film will be of the "kitty slide" as it shall now be known and the two ghost sacks he took. I know it's crazy and not the smart play, but I wanted to see EJ in the fourth quarter... if he had found a way to lead a comeback (unlikely I know) it would have been the birth of a legend...

i think its part of the risk you take with a guy that would rather wait to sign after the final preseason game. i dont fault anyone for looking out for themselves, or not wanting to be crushed there -- but i dont think a ring is #1 priority for any qb refusing to get into camp.

He should have thrown it to Chandler. I know I have the luxury of watching the replay and not having a LB hit me head-on at full speed, but it the LB was the only one covering Chandler (and Miller was looking away, at Jackson).

The only way the playcall makes sense is if they also had a 4th down play already called. Orton cannot lose yards on that play! He was clearly out of the pocket. He needs to either run for the first, throw beyond the sticks, or throw it away.

Kyle Kitty Cat.

He's just here for money. And to think we wasted a year developing a 9 year veteran QB to go .500.

I guess this is a bit of a tangent but let us indulge for a moment. IMHO, Marrone had to make the switch at the time he did. He must have seen EJ struggling and expecting other teams to pile on and make him even more confused. We all had to see what Orton gives us else there would be this constant 'why is EJ still playing' vibe which would rub negatively against everyone. Also, at the time, the players also were in support of an EJ benching.

Orton did give us a bit of a bump and also allowed EJ to step back, breathe and hopefully learn a thing or two (hopefully he didnt learn to slide 2 yards short of the 1st down marker). The benching was entirely logical and now we know why Orton is only backup caliber much like Fitz

"We" as in the Royal We. Bills, fans, everybody wanted Fitz gone. He would have been better than the trash we've had at QB the last two seasons. With this D, Fitz would have been fine, it wouldn't have been all on him, like it always was under Gailey and Wanny. But Hack-it would have f'd him up too, probably.

Yep. If I'm in the Bills locker room, Orton is not my guy after that pu$$y play. The season was on the line there, you have NO excuse.

I think Orton is a better QB then Fitz, and perhaps the sacks / hits are taking their toll on the guy. You are right tho in that Hackett is f'ing him up tho. All QB's regressed under Hackett. Tuel, Lewis, EJ, and now Orton. This season Hackett morphed into a lousy version of Gailey who always wants to pass 40+ times a game, only with no run game this year. 546 rush attempts last year vs 343 this year.

As much as everyone now seems to hate Orton, the guy is carrying the entire offense on his shoulders every single game. 14 TD's to 7 INT's, and he is 5-4 in Hacketts effred up offense with a bad O line. I'm not going to condemn the guy for leading the Bills to a 17-24 loss in Denver with all those bad calls by the refs. Orton actually out played Peyton Manning.

EDIT: just to add. The bills get down by two scores and the run game that was working well, and keeping Manning with the bronco offense on the sideline. I was wondering with the fake reverse, the end around, and the better run game if Marrone was calling the offensive plays? Then the Bills suddenly stop running the ball and put the entire game on Ortons shoulders again. The bills with only 16 rushes for 74 yards, a 4.625 YPC average. Which BTW was better then the Broncos average. Orton 38 of 57 for 355 yards, one TD passing, one TD running, 2 INT's.

Edited by FeartheLosing