Orton sliding one yard shy of the 1st down.

Webster Guy

I think Orton is a better QB then Fitz, and perhaps the sacks / hits are taking their toll on the guy. You are right tho in that Hackett is f'ing him up tho. All QB's regressed under Hackett. Tuel, Lewis, EJ, and now Orton. This season Hackett morphed into a lousy version of Gailey who always wants to pass 40+ times a game, only with no run game this year. 546 rush attempts last year vs 343 this year.

As much as everyone now seems to hate Orton, the guy is carrying the entire offense on his shoulders every single game. 14 TD's to 7 INT's, and he is 5-4 in Hacketts effred up offense with a bad O line. I'm not going to condemn the guy for leading the Bills to a 17-24 loss in Denver with all those bad calls by the refs. Orton actually out played Peyton Manning.

Face it, Orton and Fitz are the same guys. Orton has a slightly better arm and Fitz is more mobile, quicker release (and tougher). There is a reason both have played on 5 teams.

Good backups/ spot starters and they always want their fanbase wanting someone else. And for me, Fitz > Orton. At least Fitz goes down fighting.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read all of the comment about our QB and agree poor form. I was never on board with him as our QB. As alway they know something that we don't. Ok so where do we go from here? hopefully its back to EJ. Two last thoughts; do you beleive that we got our money's worth (5 Mill)? What would Ralph say?; lets remember we have a Head Coach who could have made a change at QB.

Edited by Derf

Face it, Orton and Fitz are the same guys. Orton has a slightly better arm and Fitz is more mobile, quicker release (and tougher). There is a reason both have played on 5 teams.

Good backups/ spot starters and they always want their fanbase wanting someone else. And for me, Fitz > Orton. At least Fitz goes down fighting.

Seriously, what do you guys expect with no run game, and even when its working like it was against Denver they simply stop running it. Then the Bills are still fielding a very bad O line. 16 rushes vs 55 passes...jeez

What NFL QB could succeed behind a bad O line with no run game. Bills fans bitched about JP, about Trent, about Fitz, about EJ, and now about Orton. Yet in all this time they still don't have a viable line to protect the QB better, or a viable run game to take the heat off the QB.

The difference between Denver, and Buffalo is the Denver coaches took the game out of Peyton's hands and put it in RB CJ Anderson's hands. Denver, 29 rushes vs 20 passes. Buffalo, 16 rushes vs 57 passes. Every time I see an NFL QB throw that many times its almost always in a losing effort. Plus Denver actually has a higher ranked defense. Then notice that the Bills defense didn't even hit Manning, much less sack him. Which team played the smarter game?

Except that Fitz went to Harvard, I wasn't sure if any of you knew that, so I thought I would mention that Fitz went to Harvard.

All of the the things Manuel was getting ripped for are the same issues that Orton is having, including that slide. When Manuel was playing there were a couple of plays that he stepped out of bounds when it looked like he could have made it. My point is I think coaching has these guys screwed up.

Yeah, that was a wimpish decision, but I'm forgiving him this time only because he overcame it to bring the team to within an onside kick of OT.

Two meaningless garbage time TDs are enough? You have to be kidding here! The leader of a football team on the field cannot play like a kitty as Orton did on that play as well as several times in the pocket. He's over!

This. No 3rd and pu$$y with Fitz.

Fitz is a real good QB

Which is why he is on team #2 after the Bills cut him and that team benched him

I did like his 140YD passing day yesterday. I was wondering where the Fitz threads would be...

Somehow every team he has been on (and there have been many) has decided he is not good enough

But ole Chan had it figured out!

Lol

Yeah, that was a wimpish decision, but I'm forgiving him this time only because he overcame it to bring the team to within an onside kick of OT.

unfortunately, it was slow and in the middle of the field and terribly late in the game, and ultimately forced us to have to rely on an onside kick to even have a chance of scoring the 3rd td needed.

As someone else said in this thread, Trent Edwards was cut for that kind of behavior - within days. EJ was terrible this season but at least he played with some balls. I'm tired of this stuff. Assemble the QBs in the film room and ask them to raise their hand if they would've dove for the first down. Whomever raises his hand starts next week. I don't care of it's Jeff Tuel, so be it. This offense plays with no swagger or confidence. Orton is simply collecting his pay check. I have no time for that crap. Put the next guy in, and so on and so forth, until we find a gamer.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Just to play devil's advocate, I don't think the final TD was a garbage time for the simple reason that it put the Bills within one score. If they recover the onside kick - about a 15 percent chance (i.e., not negligible) - they have about a minute to try and score from near mid-field. Not likely, but certainly not impossible.

Just to play devil's advocate, I don't think the final TD was a garbage time for the simple reason that it put the Bills within one score. If they recover the onside kick - about a 15 percent chance (i.e., not negligible) - they have about a minute to try and score from near mid-field. Not likely, but certainly not impossible.

Agreed completely. I also didn't get the sense that the Broncos were playing prevent on that last drive. On the TD, in fact, they blitzed.

When I watch Orton I can't help but think that the Watkins trade was a bad one. For it to have been a good trade, EJ would have had to be a playoff-caliber QB. So far, he isn't even an NFL starter.

They have no first round pick next year. They could have had 3 other excellent WRs if they had not made the deal and they could have retained next year's 1st rounder.

They better get lucky in next year's 2nd round or it's going to get more bleak in a hurry.

Seriously, what do you guys expect with no run game, and even when its working like it was against Denver they simply stop running it. Then the Bills are still fielding a very bad O line. 16 rushes vs 55 passes...jeez

What NFL QB could succeed behind a bad O line with no run game. Bills fans bitched about JP, about Trent, about Fitz, about EJ, and now about Orton. Yet in all this time they still don't have a viable line to protect the QB better, or a viable run game to take the heat off the QB.

The difference between Denver, and Buffalo is the Denver coaches took the game out of Peyton's hands and put it in RB CJ Anderson's hands. Denver, 29 rushes vs 20 passes. Buffalo, 16 rushes vs 57 passes. Every time I see an NFL QB throw that many times its almost always in a losing effort. Plus Denver actually has a higher ranked defense. Then notice that the Bills defense didn't even hit Manning, much less sack him. Which team played the smarter game?

Some QBs do just fine with little running game. When a QB keeps moving on, he's not the answer.

Agreed completely. I also didn't get the sense that the Broncos were playing prevent on that last drive. On the TD, in fact, they blitzed.

they were giving them the plays that take 30 seconds off the clock for every 10 yards gained. it wasnt leaving 8 guys 20 yards downfield, but it was pretty soft in the middle, and that wasnt by accident.

As someone else said in this thread, Trent Edwards was cut for that kind of behavior - within days. EJ was terrible this season but at least he played with some balls. I'm tired of this stuff. Assemble the QBs in the film room and ask them to raise their hand if they would've dove for the first down. Whomever raises his hand starts next week. I don't care of it's Jeff Tuel, so be it. This offense plays with no swagger or confidence. Orton is simply collecting his pay check. I have no time for that crap. Put the next guy in, and so on and so forth, until we find a gamer.

Agreed.

The moment I saw that play I had those exact thoughts...guys that play like that don't care about winning. That was a selfish, gutless play, and I don't want him as my QB.

They wanted Fitz to take a haircut to stay and he said no.

Well they were wrong to request that until they had qualified replacement. That was not a reason to cut him. I wonder if they have spent more at that position since. They have certainly had a larger hit to the Cap because of it.

The "They wanted him to take a pay cut and he didn't" is not a viable reason for him to be cut.