Reasons for the loss

The refs. First and foremost. The refs basically handed the Broncos 8 points. That's the game. You could argue our D should have stopped Anderson, but he's arguably the best goalline back in the NFL now. Apart from the refs, the inept play-calling on offense.

St. Doug is not to be questioned! Total hack. Can't wait till we hire an actual NFL coach.

11 points, not 8. See my post above,

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Embarrassing that marrone clearly benched Hughes then he denies doing so to the media. He strikes me as a petty little mf'er and this is probably an extension of their training camp spat. His personal vendettas getting in the way of his own success similar to the Mike Williams situation and the previous situation with Kraig Urbik

When/if Jerry is considering re signing here, marrone is most likely a negative. Classic Douglas.

Kraig Urbik stunk up the joint yesterday -- just awful. Perhaps there was a reason he wasn't playing.

I will continue to refuse to believe a HC in the NFL will allow "petty" disagreements to keep him from playing who he believes are his best players. If I'm naive, so be it.

Otherwise, Kelly, I agree with your "reasons" for the loss. This game was absolutely winnable and the combination of Orton's pussification and dubious officiating did them in.

Edited by eball

All comes down to turnovers folks. You get 3 takeaways by the defense and the offense gives them right back. It's not the refs. It's execution. Good teams know how to take turnovers and turn them into points. Mediocre teams like this one, figure out ways to lose. They're basically a better version of a bad Jets team.

I'll blame the refs. If those 2 INT turns aren't called back, we get at least 2 FGs out of them. That makes the game a potential tie with a 2pt conversion at the end.

I also contend CJ Anderson did not make the end zone on 3rd down. As soon as I can get on NFL GR today I will show it.

I'll blame the refs. If those 2 INT turns aren't called back, we get at least 2 FGs out of them. That makes the game a potential tie with a 2pt conversion at the end.

I also contend CJ Anderson did not make the end zone on 3rd down. As soon as I can get on NFL GR today I will show it.

the illegal contact and PI calls on Robey and Gilmore were far more egregious and directly led to Denver points (11 in total). I have no idea if the Bills blocked in the back or held on those INT returns. It seems like defenses usually do on such plays, especially chippy ones like the Bills D.

when it comes to winning and losing any game, the one fact that is not explored a lot is "discipline" all the great teams have had that

in their formula, the biggest different between success and failure hinges on that if given a choice between talent and that all the great and successful teams and coaches win because they don't beat themselves if they are more disciplined than their opposition

Marv Levy used to preach "play smart"when the Bills followed that they were"highly successful"

Kraig Urbik stunk up the joint yesterday -- just awful. Perhaps there was a reason he wasn't playing.

I will continue to refuse to believe a HC in the NFL will allow "petty" disagreements to keep him from playing who he believes are his best players. If I'm naive, so be it.

Otherwise, Kelly, I agree with your "reasons" for the loss. This game was absolutely winnable and the combination of Orton's pussification and dubious officiating did them in.

As bad as Ubrik was (and I'd argue he wasn't nearly as bad as you're making him out to be though he absolutely did have two boneheaded plays) -- he was still LIGHT YEARS better than the other turnstiles we had manning the LG spot and infinitely better than the disaster that is Pears.

No one thinks Ubrik is the answer, but he has helped stabilize the line. Why it took weeks to get him in there is all on St. Doug in my mind. There's no good answer for it.