Unsportsman like conduct

The Robey call was close but a bad call. The Gilmore call was very close but a bad call. The Gilmore one was somewhat understandable because at real speed it looked like he took his head off. On replay it was clearly a bad call. But both were close. We were killed by the two blocks in the back but we never saw replays. We can't say at all if they were bad calls. It's impossible to believe in a conspiracy though.

I'm shocked, shocked that there's gambling going on in this establishment...there is money to be made. It doesn't have to be a conspiracy. Money is made in a lot of ways.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes seems to be a marked man this year. For all we know, he talked to a teammate and drew a taunting penalty.

I'd hope marrone wouldn't bench him for that - and he did disappear while posters said reporters confirmed it was a conduct benching

Marrone denies it was a discpline thing by him. Maybe Schwartz?

I dunno, but it's definitely the story from that play -- not a tough bang-bang call for the refs or sanders bow. Marrone should answer why hughes was gone for so long. If he's hiding behind semantics and it was Schwartz..... Lame.

Edited by NoSaint

I dunno, but it's definitely the story from that play -- not a tough bang-bang call for the refs or sanders bow. Marrone should answer why hughes was gone for so long. If he's hiding behind semantics and it was Schwartz..... Lame.

Maybe. Who knows how fired up Jerry was though. He could've easily been agitated enough to get another flag or two, and ejected.

Even if it was Schwartz he should overrule him. Hughes cannot be benched in this game. This is not a time to make a statement. And it could also make Hughes not want to come back here. Certain guys play with emotion. Hughes does. Bradham does. You don't bench them for one penalty even if they have a history of penalties.

Even if it was Schwartz he should overrule him. Hughes cannot be benched in this game. This is not a time to make a statement. And it could also make Hughes not want to come back here. Certain guys play with emotion. Hughes does. Bradham does. You don't bench them for one penalty even if they have a history of penalties.

If FC can elaborate- did marrone say anything beyond "I did not punish him"?

If FC can elaborate- did marrone say anything beyond "I did not punish him"?

http://espn.go.com/b...sciplined-by-me

"I wasn't aware of any substitutional issue," Marrone said after the game. "It was definitely not a discipline thing, at least from my end, from what I was talking about. I'm trying to manage the whole game. I'd have to go back and talk to the defensive coaches."

As a follow-up, a reporter asked if a position coach could bench a player without the head coach knowing.

"Probably no," Marrone said. "Not without me knowing about it, if you bench him."

After that play, I just said, 'Hey, let's get Jerry on the sideline, let's calm him down, we can't afford to lose him. And then let's go,'" Marrone explained.

Kind of a shame, they picked on Manny until Hughes came back.

Edited by FireChan

next half? He was on the field on the same TD drive where Lawson was mugged by the RT.

You sure? My first sighting was late 3rd quarter(?). The penalty was early/mid second? That seems to match what other posters saw

From Vic Carrucci: #Bills coach Doug Marrone sends strong message to Hughes & rest of team by benching DE after his unsportsmanlike conduct.

http://espn.go.com/b...sciplined-by-me

"I wasn't aware of any substitutional issue," Marrone said after the game. "It was definitely not a discipline thing, at least from my end, from what I was talking about. I'm trying to manage the whole game. I'd have to go back and talk to the defensive coaches."

As a follow-up, a reporter asked if a position coach could bench a player without the head coach knowing.

"Probably no," Marrone said. "Not without me knowing about it, if you bench him."

After that play, I just said, 'Hey, let's get Jerry on the sideline, let's calm him down, we can't afford to lose him. And then let's go,'" Marrone explained.

Kind of a shame, they picked on Manny until Hughes came back.

Thanks for grabbing the quote. If I missed him on other drives it might make sense but it seemed he missed a good chunk of time

Marrone must've forgotten to tell them to put him back in!

Edited by NoSaint

You sure? My first sighting was mid/late 3rd quarter. The penalty was early/mid second? That seems to match what other posters saw

From Vic Carrucci: #Bills coach Doug Marrone sends strong message to Hughes & rest of team by benching DE after his unsportsmanlike conduct.

Thanks for grabbing the quote. If I missed him on other drives it might make sense but it seemed he missed a good chunk of time

No idea how long he missed. Of course, Rodak doesn't report that.

You sure? My first sighting was late 3rd quarter(?). The penalty was early/mid second? That seems to match what other posters saw

I did not see him until late 3 early 4.

There were several that made a point of it in the game thread when he reappeared - and a few discussing how long he was gone. I'm curious to confirm now....

Just went through, should have quoted but just copied the text real quick:

Posted Today, 03:37 PM

Hughes finally back in!

A few other posts followed. So that's the 4th right?

Edit: Should clarify that I am west coast.

Edited by Big C

I did not see him until late 3 early 4.

Yea - I wrote that without much thought. I think I was overly conservative in the estimation looking back. I think early 4 was the reappearance as I rememver thinking "wow, 2 quarters out" which would match early 4 like you and C both remember

Just went through, should have quoted but just copied the text real quick:

Posted Today, 03:37 PM

Hughes finally back in!

A few other posts followed. So that's the 4th right?

Edit: Should clarify that I am west coast.

Pretty sure you were right