Steve Freeman former Bill now an NFL Ref

OnTheRocks

I know Freeman has been a backjudge in the NFL for the past few years now, but has anyone been able to see how he is graded? Does he have a chance to move up in the ranks and become a head Ref?

Back in the day, he was one of my favorite players. Kurt Schulz would later come around and remind me a lot of him.

I know Freeman has been a backjudge in the NFL for the past few years now, but has anyone been able to see how he is graded?  Does he have a chance to move up in the ranks and become a head Ref?

Back in the day, he was one of my favorite players.  Kurt Schulz would later come around and remind me a lot of him.

226664[/snapback]

I was a big Steve Freeman fan too! He was one of the few bright spots on some of those post-Knox, pre-Levy era defenses...I think he was a tad better than Schulz. Freeman was one of the smartest players ever...only so much an undesized safety with the heart of champ could do though! :(

I was a Freeman fan too.  Steve Freeman, Tony Greene, Charles Romes, Mario Clark- I remember that defensive backfield well!  Tony Greene used to come to my elementary school all the time

226915[/snapback]

Charles Rhomes.... :doh:

I loved him too....until he went for a pick on the Dan Fouts pass to Ron Smith in the 1980 playoff game,.....it reminds me of Nate Clements going for a pick against the Jags in game one of this year on the final drive.