Jay Gruden May Be Shown The Door.

george c

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As PFT just reported, if there is a power struggle between III and Gruden, Jay may lose.

Possible Bills OC?

If anyone is sitting on a hot seat, it's Hackett.

Pure speculation, but he did help Andy Dalton look like an NFL QB for a while there.

May help EJ.more than the nobody QBC we have now.

Thoughts?

Readskins = Raiders east :doh:, they should change their name to Insane Clown Posse.

The Redskins owner and GM are siding with RG3, and there most certainly will be a new HC in Washington next year. Skins owner Dan Snyder keeps all his HC's on a very short leash. I 100% believe that they will keep RG3 over Gruden.

RG3 may or may not have the "YIPS", and the kid did win rookie of the year, and take his team to the playoffs his rookie season. RG3's problem is he screwed himself when won a power struggle with Shanahan, and got him fired. Now he needs a HC who can develop him into a pocket passer. GL with that task.

This situation is different to some degree...but there are echo's of the Vince Young situation in Tennessee a few years back......we all know how that turned out. Jeff Fisher coaching the Rams, and doing a consistent good job, and Vince Young is out of football.

As PFT just reported, if there is a power struggle between III and Gruden, Jay may lose.

Possible Bills OC?

If anyone is sitting on a hot seat, it's Hackett.

Pure speculation, but he did help Andy Dalton look like an NFL QB for a while there.

May help EJ.more than the nobody QBC we have now.

Thoughts?

I was also impressed by the game plan he designed for Colt McCoy in the Washington game at Dallas. I think ths guy is very talented and someone will be lucky to get him. I hope it is the Bills. I'd trade him for Marrone right now and I'd certainly take hm as OC.

you could mean both :devil:

Obstructionism and gerrymandering work like a charm!

If the Bills can beat Denver, Green Bay , or NE , Marrone, maybe Hackett are safe for next year. They are both learning OTJ.

I would think RG3 gets one last chance next season, unless another team offers a good trade for him.

Not sold on Schwartz as a HC after his record in Detroit.

Edited by ALF

Jay Gruden has a proven track record of designing a well coordinated offensive scheme and would represent a major upgrade if he were to replace Hackett.

Yawn. He had some success in Cincinnati with a lot of weapons. Not so well in Washington. Plus I hate his stupid fat head.

Again, I think Marrone and Hackett get another year.

So, tell me how you feel about Doug Marrone?

he's completely turned the culture here, does not allow excuses or whining even from the media which pisses some of them off (Howard Simon) it's their go to move. 1.75 seasons into it he's doing a great job. Leave him and Whaley alone for the rest of 2 and all of 3 and we'll have a damn good football team. We haven't been able to do that for quite some time......doing what bad teams do.

Whoa!

@dcsportsbog

Fletcher on Haz: "Jay Gruden better get him out the door, because he's probably backstabbing Jay Gruden like he did everybody else"

Yawn. He had some success in Cincinnati with a lot of weapons. Not so well in Washington. Plus I hate his stupid fat head.

Again, I think Marrone and Hackett get another year.

Let's see how they make out in this final quarter of the season.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Whoa!

@dcsportsbog

Fletcher on Haz: "Jay Gruden better get him out the door, because he's probably backstabbing Jay Gruden like he did everybody else"

very telling

@TOPSonCBS: .@LFletcher59 on Jim Haslett: He has no idea what he's doing. He's proven year in + year out that he's not a good defensive coordinator.

Whoa!

@dcsportsbog

It makes you wonder why Haslett still has a job. His defenses have been mostly lousy for years.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/HaslJi0.htm

In terms of points allowed, Haslett's defenses have ranked no better than 21st for ten straight years.

It makes you wonder why Haslett still has a job. His defenses have been mostly lousy for years.

http://www.pro-footb...hes/HaslJi0.htm

In terms of points allowed, Haslett's defenses have ranked no better than 21st for ten straight years.

@ProFootballTalk

Former Washington LB London Fletcher goes off on defensive coordinator Jim Haslett http://wp.me/p14QSB-9EnT

he's completely turned the culture here, does not allow excuses or whining even from the media which pisses some of them off (Howard Simon) it's their go to move. 1.75 seasons into it he's doing a great job. Leave him and Whaley alone for the rest of 2 and all of 3 and we'll have a damn good football team. We haven't been able to do that for quite some time......doing what bad teams do.

Totally agree with this ^^^. Changing coaches every other year has not worked for us. The only thing a new coach brings.....is different. Not necessarily better...and often worse, but different. I really cant throw any big stones at Marrone. Over all we are a better team under his leadership. We need stability at the coaching level. I absolutely believe he will get us into the playoffs next year. No reason whatsoever to fire the man at this point in time. IMHO.

Keep up the good work, Doug. Those of us who are patient believe in you.

Buffalo wins in blow-out fashion today:

Buffalo 37

Denver 6

GO BILLS!!