internet browser failure.

as it's running is should show you if if found possible 'infections', this will be a pretty good indicator if this could be part of the problem

Ok I downloaded it and started to run it but going by their progress counter it's going to take hours.

I might add this all started shortly after I did a windows system refresh.

Ok I downloaded it and started to run it but going by their progress counter it's going to take hours.

Try downloading using a different computer and then transfering that install file via thumb drive to your problematic computer.

Other random thought (I am not an IT guy or a techie) is that maybe the new Windows update changed the firewall settings and 'intelligently' blocked some programs. I once had McAfee do that to me and I could not use Chrome.

There's your problem

System refresh reverts your computer back to a previous state with the exception of your personal files. The program files may still be on your hard drive but the Registry entries are gone.

Run Windows update to pull IE (and Windows OS) updates. Re-install Firefox. Chrome, Flash, Java, and any other programs that you have installed on top of the refresh/restore point

There's your problem

System refresh reverts your computer back to a previous state with the exception of your personal files. The program files may still be on your hard drive but the Registry entries are gone.

Run Windows update to pull IE (and Windows OS) updates. Re-install Firefox. Chrome, Flash, Java, and any other programs that you have installed on top of the refresh/restore point

How do I do that?

K, I have another techie question. When I watch sports on PC or IPAD, all good .

When I try to display on TV either through HDMI OE Apple TV, the picture gets all choppy.

Any ideas? Richmond playoff game at 1, only on ESPN 3

Wired or Wireless?

Dunno anything about iPuds, but with the PC have you updated the video drivers lately?