Nigel fined for hit on Barnidge

YoloinOhio

@RapSheet: #Buffalo LB Nigel Bradham fined $16,537 for unnecessary roughness for striking an opponent with his helmet

He should have been fined. There's a difference between hitting hard and launching into a guy's ribs with your helmet. Love the nastiness in the hits the D have been doling out but that hit was a little too much.

I agree that the hit should be fined due to the outcome (blasting barnridge in the ribs) but without knowing bradham's intent I can't say I think it was dirty. If he actually meant to blast him in the ribs, yes it's dirty, but if he was trying to jar the ball loose with his helmet and mistimed it, that's a different story IMO. If Nigel comes in a few inches lower and forces a fumble, the announcer uses a cliche about putting your hat on the ball and we all talk about what a great play it was.

I can't be the only one that doesn't care if our players make dirty hits as long as they're not penalized?

Unless its your kid getting that cheap shot. Anyone who cheered for that hit is not a fan, nor a decent human.

If you are under 14 years old..you get a pass.