Is it silly to think Rex Ryan might be our DC next year?

Big Turk

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donnie Henderson is much more ready and better suited for DC. If he doesn't move up with us soon he will go somewhere else and begin his DC career.

I was thinking that...but the DLine has played so well, Pepp can't be overlooked.

Henderson will get a shot if he wants one, but he's not as ready as Pepper who, in my mind, should have been given the job in NE.

I was thinking that...but the DLine has played so well, Pepp can't be overlooked.

Henderson will get a shot if he wants one, but he's not as ready as Pepper who, in my mind, should have been given the job in NE.

We risk losing one to promote the other. Its not easy, and Pepper Johnson has been under blichick and now Swchartz. I don't like coaches on their own from the Belichick tree

If Schwartz leaves and Rex gets fired he would be my first choice for DC.

Speaking of Co ordinators and HC jobs, I'm channeling all my positive thoughts into Hackett getting a HC job at Eastern South Dakota Poly Tech or somewhere. Kindof like Fairchild did.

this

Id welcome it he'd upstage Boney Marrony in a heartbeat..REx actually has feelings and he shows them plus he dresses 10 times better...I think Maroons dad beat him when he showed any emotion

Also a GM would be an idiot to hire Scwartz as HC...he has reached his level of competence

Edited by rfk

I think Rex will get more looks for another HC job than Schwartz will. Not knocking Schwartz, and I love what he has done in Buffalo, but I don't think he was viewed as a great HC in Detroit, and he had a pretty decent amount of talent at his disposal there. And, lets not lose sight of the fact, as great as the defense has been this season, they were pretty good last year too, with a different DC.

I agree here. I believe Schwartz needs at least another season as a DC leading the Bills to even greater heights to further "detoxify" the memories of his less than stellar HC performance in Detroit.

However, I have a suspicion that the Bills weakest leak will become strong. Marrone might be asked to cut ties with Hackett.

IF Marrone says no, then the first candidate could be Schwartz for HC

Highly doubt it. You think Pegula's first HC hire will be a proven failure at being a HC? Nah.

"silly" is not what I would call it, but I would suggest that you don't run any machinery, or drive a motor vehicle till this delusion has passed, it also may help to have some one who cares about your "well being" hide all the sharp objects

Rex Ryan has been a HC too long. Hes too experienced to fall back to a coordinator position. Theres always a number of HC jobs available at the end of every season and id expect Ryan to be right up there in the top spots for each one. Dont discount what a mess the jets front office and owner is, theyve really botched up Ryans time there

Id also expect that Rex Ryan will probably never work for the Buffalo Bills

Edited by mastershake

If Schwartz leaves and Rex gets fired he would be my first choice for DC.

Speaking of Co ordinators and HC jobs, I'm channeling all my positive thoughts into Hackett getting a HC job at Eastern South Dakota Poly Tech or somewhere. Kindof like Fairchild did.

If Schwartz leaves and Rex gets fired, Rex will be my choice for the HC. Rex will be able to create a dominating defense here and will hire a seasoned coordinator to run this offense. The offense has talent just not a good coordinator.

If Schwartz leaves and Rex gets fired, Rex will be my choice for the HC. Rex will be able to create a dominating defense here and will hire a seasoned coordinator to run this offense. The offense has talent just not a good coordinator.

Yes rex has a great record of hiring awesome coordinators, especially on the offensive side. You think Tony Sparono will be available?